Introductions Please!

Purple_Sparkles
on 3/27/09 9:04 am
I know that most of you “know" each other or have read the newbie’s mini intros but there are a lot of you, I know nothing about. So can some you share a little bit about yourself?
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
m0mmy0f3
on 3/27/09 9:29 am
Hi. My name is Christy. I have been searching on this site for a long time. I just started my WL journey in Feb. with Dr. Srikanth. I have done all the necessary tests, but still have my nuclear stress test, heart ultrasound and EGD to do.. But those are when I get the approval.....
I did, however, just get denied from my ins. co. (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of CA PPO) and I have appealed to the Ca. Dept. of Managed Health Care (I sent in the paperwork to them today), my surgeon did the peer to peer review with my ins. co. today and it's still denied (I want the VSG surgery and of course, they denied it being investigational). In my paperwork from my ins. co., they sent me something saying I can appeal to the California Department of Insurance (which is a different place than the DMHC), so I don't know who to appeal to now.. It does say I can't appeal to them until I appeal with my ins. co. which I am in the process of printing and sending out all the paperwork today.. SO, with all that said, I am still in the process, but enjoy every one of you and your stories!
Kathy P.
on 3/27/09 4:27 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hi Nicole,
  I'm Kathy. I had my Lap-RNY on 2/9/09 at Overlake in Bellevue. I live in Port Orchard, and work in Bremerton. I'm a mental health therapist and a clinical supervisor. (work with at-risk youth).
  I was referred for surgery through GH in September (after I quit smoking in August), and was approved in December. No complications with paperwork, it all went pretty smooth.
  I have yet to attend any of the local support groups. The GH one this month, well, I  missed due to having to work later than planned.
  During my three weeks of recovery, I got addicted to the Food Network. It was pretty inspiring. I spend more on ingredients and good yummy proteins, since I am eating less!
  Like you, I don't know many peeps on the WA site, but everyone  has been very supportive and wonderful!

Hugs,
Katy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Nopenname
on 3/28/09 1:02 am - Tacoma, WA
Hello,

My name is Nicole. I have a DS surgery with Srikanth scheduled on the 21st of april. I'm burrowing through all my pre-op testing, I just have to see pulmonology get an echo and CVE and retake a few labs and I'm good to go.

I'm a mother of three (5, 3, 3 months) and have been married for 8 years. I am a stay at home mom and artist (mostly comic style pinup art!). I live on a tiny island in the south puget sound called Anderson Island (if anyone has heard of us you probably heard about us on the news recently, our submarine cable shorted out on January 30th and we've been on back up generator power after being blacked out for over a week. Luckily our cable will be restored sometime in the following week yay!)

I'm a self pay, but not quite. I have a benefactor basically. She's a friend of a friend of ours who donates money to people she knows personally for medical services, education, etc. She's a godsend, and I'm amazed at how giving she is and that she is doing this for me.

Helen_Anne
on 3/28/09 9:26 am - Bremerton, WA
Hi... my name is Helen and I had RNY on Aug 18 at Virginia Mason.  I am a little over 7 months out.

I am married... in May it will be 4 years... my first marriage -  my husband's second. He has 2 kids... Kendra who is working on organic farms in New Zealand.. as part of WOOF and Andrew is a sophmore at Central Washington Univ... while I don't have any kids of my own... but I am the greatest auntie to my brothers kids - Ethan and Madison.

I was born in Seattle... since there were NO hospitals in Bellevue... and raised in Bellevue..  I went to WSU and have a Home Economics Degree with a minor in Business.

I live in Bremerton.. and work in Seattle.. so I take the ferry every day to work... there are days when I love taking the ferry... but it gets old after a while.  I work at Virginia Mason... and have been there for 23 years..... thankfully not the same job for the while time...

I am SO happy I had my RNY.... it is such a wonderful tool.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

mychoice2008
on 3/28/09 11:50 am - Seattle, WA
Hi- This is my first time to post on WA post. I don't know anyone here becasue I have yet to find a support group that works with my schedule and location. My name is Nancy and I am 46 years old. I am 4 1/2 months out and had my surgery done at St. Francis hospital by Dr. OH (Lap- RNY). I live in the Maple Valley area, have been married 16 years and have twin 7 year old boys (the greatest joy in my life). I am a Regional HR Manager and love my work. Having this surgery not only has saved my life, it has breathed new life into me...and I plan on being around a long time! So far I am down 105 lbs with about 70 more to go! I have found great support on OH site but would love to find a positive supportive group locally where I could connect face to face with others walking this journey! All the best and hope to visit the WA site more often to get to know this group as well! Nancy
21 pounds lost on 10 day pre-op diet
xkendrax
on 3/28/09 12:43 pm - Yelm, WA

Hi! My name is Kendra and I had my Duodenal Switch surgery at St. Francis on 3/11/09.  My doctor was Dr. Srikanth.  Things have been a struggle, but I am optimistic that it will get better.  :-)   Right now I'm just kinda going through the "mourning" of food.

I've been married since 08/08/08 to my husband.  He's great!  We live in Bonney Lake.  I'm also a Systems Analyst for a bank and working toward my MBA with an emphasis in Project Management at CityU.  

Not sure what else to say.  Let me know if you want to chat sometime. :)

MySpace: myspace.com/xkendra
Highest: 261 / Surgery (03/11/09): 242.3/ Current: 122.8/ Goal: 105

Amy R.
on 3/29/09 12:34 am
Hi I'm Amy - actually I usually call myself "the other Amy" on this board because Amy Maurer was here first LOL.

I had an lap RNY and some other stuff done at St. Francis by Dr. S. on 12/9/08.  Went shopping yesterday and am down 3 pant sizes from the day I walked into the hospital last December.  Yay!

Have a hubby, two beautiful daughters (Rosanne 25 and Abigail 13) and don't currently work outside the home.

Mostly working on getting healthy like everyone else here!

the other amy
val_aiken
on 3/29/09 11:23 am - Port Angeles, WA
Hi!  I am Valerie.  Moved to Port Angeles from South Carolina last JUly.  I am preop.  I've been married 28 years, we have one son who is 30 and two of the most beautiful grandsons who are almost  5 and 8.  I am really undecided about surgery right now.  Met the nutritionist on Friday.  Due to financial issues it will be February before I can have surgery. 
Val

Most Active