a lil birdy told me - (re: insurance)

Mdae
on 3/26/09 12:06 pm
that there's a law in the works that will require insurance companies to cover bariatric surgery!   that it's far more expensive to deal with all the co-morbitities associated with obesity.  not sure when it might take effect, but i thought that was awesome!

(know someone that works at the capital)
Susan O.
on 3/26/09 2:31 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Be wonderful if this actually passes this time! Each time it comes up it seems to get "lost" in some red tape. Can't believe insurance companies can't see the light. But then again at my husband's old job they wouldn't pay for birth control, but covered abortions. Talk about backwards thinking.

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Hislady
on 3/26/09 2:49 pm - Vancouver, WA
This would be wonderful and certainly cost effective. I'm stuck in insurance hell, had a lap band put in and then insurance changed so now it's either self pay for fills or do nothing. After blowing nearly $700 for 3 fills last year I can't afford any more after care so here I sit with a useless band. So it would be a God send for folks like me.
kaiti1965
on 5/5/09 1:29 pm - Wenatchee, WA
Has there been anything more said about this?  I have been denied by both my husbands and my insurace, thru our work?

Im looking for any info, or put in touch with someone who might be able to help.

thank you,

Kathy
Mdae
on 5/5/09 5:20 pm
session just ended, i'll ask my sister about it, and see if it's really gonna happen.  will get back to you. =)
Most Active