In a funk

PinkFlamingoes
on 3/26/09 4:22 pm - Buckley, WA
Amy , I feel bad for you . I too have Osteoarthritis throughout my body . I have had to have meniscus repair on both knees . Although my repairs were like 2 years apart . I had my Left knee repaired 3 months after my RNY . I felt better right away &  I healed very quickly . I don't believe it slowed my weight loss down at all . You'll feel better & be able to be more mobile , eventually . Keep us posted . Kathy

maxs_mom
on 3/27/09 9:43 am, edited 3/27/09 9:48 am - Auburn, WA
Thank you to everyone *****sponded to my post.  I really do appreciate the care, support, suggestions, etc.  Remnants of the pity party linger, but my mood will improve.  I have an appointment for a consult with an ortho on 04/01 as I know that I cannot/will not tolerate the left knee pain.    Since several of you suggested Dr. Moore, I may seek a 2nd opinion from him.  I really need someone whose only instinct is not to cut (I know, that's a lot to ask of a surgeon), who is capable of understanding and supporting an integrative approach, and who is willing to share in detail, what surgery can or cannot do for me so tat I can make an informed decision.

I got a lot to think about and am going to allow myself the time to be still with my thoughts over the next few days so that my head and heart can integrate to inform my decision.

~Namaste~

Amy

maxs_mom
on 3/28/09 6:48 am - Auburn, WA

~Namaste~

Isn't it funny how harmonious our lives can be?  As fate would have it, in yesterday's mail I received a brochure from Franciscan Health System on upcoming lectures on orthopedics and one of them is being given by Dr. Moore.  I'm listening, universe, and I will call his office first thing Monday morning to schedule a consult. 

Amy

Most Active