Madigan & Revision to DS

Mdae
on 3/24/09 5:29 am
Does Madigan have a surgeon that does revision to DS?  (not asking for myself)  if so, who?
Shelley S.
on 3/24/09 8:56 am - Ft Lewis, WA
As of right now the DS isn't done at Madigan.  RnY, lapband and the sleeve is all they do at this time

Mdae
on 3/24/09 11:13 am
thanks, that's what i thought - but i sure wish they'd get one!
Shelley S.
on 3/24/09 11:39 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I would like to see the DS done at Madigan as well.  I think the more choices one has, the more of an informed decision about their surgeries they can make.  When I had mine done at Madigan, the lapband was just being started, and then came the sleeve, so maybe...

mwa9401
on 3/24/09 12:09 pm - Bonney Lake, WA

They must be headed in that direction.  Dr. Carter has offered a pretty aggressive approach for my revision and based on what the drawings and what I should expect, it is either a DS or a mix between the RNY and DS.  He is removing the pouch extra pouch, leaving me one the size of my thumb and re-routing the small intestines some way.

When I meet with him again, I will get more details.  I was just so happy he said yes that day after spending a year trying to get approved by insurance through Dr. Oh's office.

Mdae
on 3/24/09 5:35 pm
i hope that he tries to salvage your pyloric valve - that's something i would really want to keep, if it can be kicked back into gear.
LisaAnn
on 3/24/09 3:54 pm - WA
Hmmm, when I went to my first class at Madigan, I was told they DO do the DS. This was on March 5th. I am positive it was one of the surgeries they said they offer.....

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

nikkigreen
on 3/25/09 10:20 am
when i was there last month for my 1st pre op appt the ds was offered. he said it was not the way he wants me to go but thet do them!!! i hope that helps
Mdae
on 3/25/09 1:29 pm
i hope you're right, but that sounds suspiciously like a 'bait and don't switch' tactic.
Most Active