Update (Kinda Long)

Purple_Sparkles
on 3/23/09 5:16 am
Okay this is such a “weird" and different place to be. I really want to be excited jumping for joy and what not but there is still an unknown I guess lingering that is causing me a little cloudiness on my sunshine!   I got a call from the Patient Finance Department of the hospital where my surgery will take place. Because I called BCBS of MI and they said they do not do a pre authorization/pre qualifications. Which weirds me out the said “either you meet or you don’t meet the criteria" So I called the hospital and the hospital called back and because of the amount of money (liability) BCBSof MI will do a Pre-Determination meaning they will pre-determine that you look to meet all the criteria.   My good news: While we are waiting for BCBS of MI to get the predetermination done; they just mailed out the packet this morning snail mail to BCBS of MI. The hospital did say I “appear" to meet all guidelines and I did get a Surgery Date of 05/14/09!! With PreOp Testing 05/13/09.

xpost
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
debbie O.
on 3/23/09 6:35 am - snohomish, WA

I know it seems kinda like a leap of faith but BCBS does do things a bit on the different side  I have BCBS federal and they don't do pre-authorizations. They just say if you meet their requirements then you are good to go.  They have paid for more than I ever expected and are still paying for all my labs and anything else. They did ask for more information from the DR after the surgery, but we alredy knew what Dr Thirlby was going to say "of course it was medically necessary".

I can only hope your experiences are as great as mine have been.  Good luck on your journey

Connib
on 3/26/09 6:49 am - Vernon , Canada
Awesome, you have a date. We won't be surgery twins but you are only 2 weeks after me. I will ask if you are there when I come back for my check up.
Good luck.
Most Active