Group Health, Plastics?

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/09 12:42 am - .., WA
Ok floks, I have much to lose. Question is after, will Group Health-Options pay for plastic surgery?

Thanks,
DreamWeaver
Cheryl N.
on 3/22/09 5:11 am - Des Moines, WA

I am a Group Health member, and also an employee.  I think it will depend on your plan.  I do know that they will cover pannecilus (spell, meaning excess skin in the stomach area) removal if you have at least two documented infections.

Hope that helps.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

cfidecaro
on 3/22/09 12:09 pm - Snohomish, WA

Hi Pixiestix...

I am also a GH memeber...can you give me more details on the infections...I have so much l skin and really don't want to go to mexico to have it removed, but don't have the 8K to have a tummy tuck done~

Thanks a bunch~

Collette

Cheryl N.
on 3/22/09 1:48 pm - Des Moines, WA

Hi there!  From what I hear in support groups that they do cover it but must have at least 2 documented infections under your stomach area .... so I would suggestr you consult with your surgeon or PCP on this. 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/09 10:33 am, edited 3/22/09 2:00 pm - .., WA
Thanks for the reply. I know I will need help....I do now. I can just imagine :(

I am going up Tuesday for Dr. Pennings seminar in Idaho. I am scared to death but, I have to do this.

DreamWeaver
Kathy P.
on 3/23/09 4:35 pm - Port Orchard, WA
ECHO to what Pix wrote. Anytime you get a rash at skin folds, pelvic area, under breasts, inner thighs, make an appointment and go see your doc at GH (PCP).  They will end up prescribing a cream or something that will be over the counter, suggest talcum powders, etc., but rashes are actually breakdowns in the skin. As long as you document all of those with your doc, you are making a good case for a referral from your doc to have excess skin removed as medically necessary.

That sure is my game plan too!!!
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Most Active