St. Francis Hospital

Amy R.
on 3/22/09 6:28 am
Hi Teresa,

I just had to chime in here, because my experience with St. Francis was SO BAD.  In many ways it was similar to Karin's AND Emeralds.  It's a long story and I don't want to go into a lot of boring details here for everyone to have to skip over, suffice it to say that I ended up checking myself out AMA at 11:30pm.  My stay there was literally hell.  If you want the whole story, PM me and I 'll give you the details.

In my opinion, they are prepared for the 98% of the patients that come and go without any special issues - it's like a factory - which is fine for most.  But if you're one of the 2% with any problems you are SOL.  Dr. Srikanth was a dear, he tried to make everything right there, but as soon as he left the hospital it became quickly obvious that they (the nurses on duty) were bound and determined to do things their way regardless of the cir****tances.

I've been a patient in several different hospitals due to different medical issues.  Not all of my stays everywhere have been exactly pleasant (how pleasant can in be when you're in the hospital right?), but I have never encountered that type of behaviour from nurses before and hopefully never will again.

I will NEVER go back to St. Francis if I am conscious and able to make my own decisions.  Thank God I live in another city and we have our own little hospital; there are several larger  hospitals around here that I've been to  before and would choose ANY of them over SF.  It's unfortunate, because I'm probably going to need an abdominoplasty (sp?) and I think Dr. S. only has operating privileges at SF.  I will get a different surgeon rather than go there again.

As someone said, I'm sure I and any others who have had problems there are probably exceptions - but God help you if you end up being an exception at that place.

Good luck with your procedure,
amy
val_aiken
on 3/22/09 7:15 am - Port Angeles, WA
Dr Srykanth also operates at Evergreen in Kirkland.  I will be having my surgery there. 
Val

Amy R.
on 3/22/09 9:32 am
Val,

Thank you Thank you Thank you!  I had forgotten that he was also based in Kirkland!  So there is hope for me if I end up getting the abdominal work done  - I REALLY want him to do so it's great to know that I have an option other than SF.

Thanks again!
amy
kschroeder
on 3/22/09 8:35 am
I have my surgery scheduled for March 31st.  I'm very nervous too.  The 10 day liquid diet is killing me and it is only day 2!!
val_aiken
on 3/22/09 9:42 am - Port Angeles, WA
He does his surgeries in Kirkland on Thursday.  I will be seeing him there for all my preop and followups.  Evergreen appears to be a good hospital. 
Val

Teresa R.
on 3/23/09 2:20 am - Yakima, WA
Another question I have is... do the rooms have private bathrooms with showers? I am a bit OCD and HAVE to shower everyday....no if, ands or buts!!

Beetle
on 3/23/09 7:20 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
My tiny little box with a curtain didn't have anything but the bed and a chair in it.

The bathroom was down the hall. I never got to have a shower because I only had to stay one night and was glad to worry about showers at HOME, instead.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Teresa R.
on 3/23/09 7:32 am - Yakima, WA
That stinks!! I live three hours away!!

Most Active