Support Groups - Please help me to complie a listing of groups that meet regulary on specific...

maxs_mom
on 3/19/09 7:37 pm, edited 3/19/09 7:38 pm - Auburn, WA
I am trying to compile a list of area support groups and the dates/times they meet monthly/weekly.  This is not ony for my own benefit (Hi, my name is Amy and I'm a Supprt Group Junkie) but because sveral of Dr. Srikanth's patients feel torn between attending his group and several others;

So, if you would please, send me the name of the group (whether it' officially affilited with OH or not isn't important), location (city) and regularly scheduled meeting date/time.

I know that I'm not really a pretty pink princess and that the world does not revolve around me; but the conflict between Srikanth's new regularly scheduled combined prodedure support group conflits With the Auburn Support Group and having to chooe is making my sick!  Unless and until that conflict is resolved, I will alternate months.  This sucks donkey ding dongs!  Perhaps , Since, Amy, Dr. Srikanths' ARNP is new, she's not "married" to Tuesday nights. 

Once I get the group/meeting days/times together perphaps a few of his patients could join forces ( signing a  letter, requesting a meeting with the Office Manaeger, etc.).

Thanks in advance or your help!

Amy

Beetle
on 3/20/09 1:04 am, edited 3/20/09 1:05 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia

Amy,
I'd be happy to add my name to the list to change Dr Srikanth's date.

Even a Tuesday would be fine - as long as it isn't the second Tuesday every month!

I bet Kathy and Denise would be in it, too.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Dapme
on 3/20/09 2:38 am - kingwood, TX
Well..there is actually another support group on the 2nd tues of each month.

Thats is when MS vitalady has hers as well...

What to do...what to do....
Dapme
on 3/20/09 2:41 am - kingwood, TX
Now I know you know abou the DS support group in Tukwila.

It meets on the 2nd Saturday of the month.

It takes place at the Sizzler in Tukwila starting at 3pm...back room.

Denise
Kathy H.
on 3/20/09 12:36 pm - Kent, WA
I would DEFINITELY add my name to the list, even though I'm not a Shrikanth patient and may not pull any weight at all.

:)

I hate having to choose. We *all* benefit by having the meetings scattered throughout the month.

Thanks, Amy.

And it was great to finally meet you at the DS meeting. There's rarely any "scheduled" topic, but it's a great group, and it's been invaluable to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

vitalady
on 4/10/09 1:47 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Puyallup:
2nd Tuesday (since 1995) 7pm
the next day (Wednesday) 7pm (we only set up chairs ONCE)

Bremerton, Harrison Hospital, main door, 7pm:
3rd Tuesday

When I had my WLS, we lived in Bremerton, which is why when we moved to Puyallup, we moved ours to 2nd Tuesday. We are usually able to attend both, except in June & July, when we attend ASMBS conference.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active