for Women only.....Bra cup sizes?

curiousasacat
on 3/19/09 1:22 am - WA

I've been wearing sports bras for a long time and now it's not doing justice.... my breasts have shrunk so much. I'm not an expert bra shopper... any tips?

Cheryl N.
on 3/19/09 3:06 am - Des Moines, WA
Go to Nordstrom or JcPenney's and ask to be measured and fitted for a bra. They are trained in this area to help you find the right bra.  There is no charge for this.

I was measured and fitted for a bra at JcPenny's a few years ago and it made a huge difference!  I need to go in again sometime soon!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

jillianD
on 3/19/09 11:04 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Yep go to a professional, you will be amazed at how much better you clothes will fit too!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Lisa B.
on 3/19/09 11:29 am - Bremerton, WA
I went to Victoria Secret and got fitted, then hit their clearance rack. Couldn't justify spending $50 on a bra that will only fit for a few months. I wanted something special for my husbands retirement back in January.

lisa
Emerald47
on 3/19/09 1:25 pm - Renton, WA
Another good place is Cathrine's... they did a wonderful job fitting me for my latest bra, and they are a *****eaper than Nordstroms. Lane Bryant USED to do this, but I haven't been there in a few years.

Additionally, Cathrine's used to have a bra 'club' - it was a card where after you bought a certain number you got a bra free. I need to check to see if they still do that myself!

One thing I did was after I got fitted at Cathrines, I bought one bra, and then went to Walmart and found my size cheaper... in this economy - anything goes!

Good luck! 

curiousasacat
on 3/19/09 1:54 pm - WA
Nordstroms, JcPennys, Victoria's Secret, Catherine's......  where's Catherine's?     

Cheryl N.
on 3/19/09 11:00 pm - Des Moines, WA

Catherine's is next to Lane Bryants store at the Commons (formerly SeaTac Mall) in Federal Way, but I believe that would be a plus sized store and youre too small for that! ;)

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

curiousasacat
on 3/21/09 6:33 am - WA
OMG.... bra shopping.... it's over! And whoa! it's a BIG difference from a sports bra to a support bra! I don't think I've ever wore a support bra since high school.  And whoa! the compliments are already pouring in, from my hubby, ofc!

curiousasacat
on 3/21/09 4:29 pm - WA
curiousasacat
on 3/21/09 4:30 pm, edited 3/21/09 4:30 pm - WA
Photobucket had a blast time and my clothes fit just great at the party I was at.... my brother (next to me) said I looked like when I was in high school!

Most Active