March Support Group Meeting in Kirkland WA

Christine Gibson
on 3/17/09 8:13 am, edited 3/17/09 8:22 am - Redmond, WA
Greetings Everyone:

North West Weight Loss Surgery Support Group Meeting Thursday 3-19-09 at Kirkland Firestation #22, Kirkland WA 98033 -- Cancelled on doctors orders due to my health issues.  I have been seriously derailed from doing nornal activities for the past month, have spent 4 days in Overlake Hospital, had major surgery, and intimately know the insides of Group Health's urgent care facility in Bellevue, having spent many days there as well.  I also ended up on a stretcher at a cardiologist's nurse's station. 

I'd like to say I am doing better; but, if things don't change for me for the better, life as I've known it is over.

On doctor's orders, I must cancel our planned monthly meeting for this Thursday.  Hopefully we'll be back on track in April.

Looking for Volunteers to Help:  If any of you would like to step up to the plate and help me by supporting this independent weight loss surgery support group, please let me know.  By design, North West Weight Loss Surgery Support Group is not affilliated with any specific doctor, or any specific type of weight loss surgery.  It is an independent forum providing quality non-biased advise, recommendations, and support. 

Saturday 10:00 a.m. TeleConnection for members.   
Since December, members of our group have been calling helping and encouraging each other every Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m.   We never know who will be on the conference call line!  But, our Good Lord has a way of making sure the right people are present!  Great things happen.

I even had one of our members call from the East Coast.  She'd missed the Saturday morning call in.  She'd called Saturday afternoon to tell me how much our regular Saturday calls have helped her in her journey following her weight loss surgery.  J. said, "These calls really help me feel connected with great folks!"   

Our time together has ranged from 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours.  The subjects have been most varied: from breast reduction, protein sources, how to calculate how much protein your body needs, exercise, charitiable fund-raising sources, life coaching, to self-hypnosis, positive affirmations, medical ID bracelets, and other resources.

This special telephone line is available for any and all members of the North West Weight Loss Surgery Support Group.  If you need the telephone # and do not have it, please shoot me an e-mail.  Contact me at [email protected], or leave a message at 425-885-2634.  It is always so interesting to see who calls and what the subject will be.  I will be present if I am able. 

Continue with all your great successes and please let us keep each other in our dailly prayers to live the life our God designed for each of us.

Blessings,

Christine Gibson, MS, MA
North West Weight Loss Surgery Support Group
Kirkland WA
www.ObesityHelp.com/group/BellevueWA
                Christine Gibson, MS, MA
       ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
               Bariatric University Suport Group Coach
               www.ObesityHelp.com/group/BellevueWA
               [email protected]
Mdae
on 3/17/09 9:19 am
just wanted to send you positive and healing wishes.  hope things turn around for you quickly!  take care!
debbie O.
on 3/18/09 8:15 am - snohomish, WA
Oh Dear Christine, I'm so sorry to hear that some health issues are curtailing your normal activities.  I know that we have very good health care here and I'm sure you are getiing the best of care from your Dr's.  I wish you a speedy recovery and will miss the support group meetings.

Debbie O
maxs_mom
on 3/18/09 9:57 am - Auburn, WA

Christine:

I am so sorry to hear of your continuing health struggles.  Please know that I'm thinking of you and sending healing thoughts to you.

I am disappointed that the meeting has been cancelled because I've not seen you since we met in Jan at the meeting in Issaquah (side note - shout out to Debbie, it appears that I'll miss seeing, you, too...bummer dude).  I understand, though, and agree with your doctor; all of your time must now be devoted to your immediate health and well-being in an effort to ensure fulll recovery!   I am willing to do whatever you need in terms of help with maintenance of the group while you recover (responding to emails, monitoring the board, being present for the Sat conference calls, et al as you deem necessary or appropriate.  Obviously, no-one can replace you, but I can help you by doing what it takes to keep the group active and strong!

Namaste,

Amy

Nicki H.
on 3/21/09 3:12 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Prayers and positive thoughts to you

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Most Active