am i done losing?

Starting Over
on 3/16/09 12:39 pm
I have a follow up with my surg in 2 weeks...but I have been in the same spot since August of last year! I was working out at boot camp 4 days a week and bike riding every weekend...and when that continued to do NOTHING I got frustrated and stopped. I was losing consistently for about 10 months...then nothing.
Anyone else get back on track after such a long plateau? My doc wants me to loose 30 more pounds and he'll be happy, but I want to lose 60 more!!!
I CAN'T BE DONE ALREADY!!!
Helen_Anne
on 3/16/09 1:58 pm - Bremerton, WA
How fustrating!!!

When you were working out so much... did you eat more?  I have heard that if you don't eat more your body can hold on to every to every pound.

If you have a NUT that you are working with... I would go and see them... and maybe they can help you figure out a food plan.

My thoughts are with you...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

jillianD
on 3/17/09 1:31 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I don't know girl, how much are you eating a day?  If you are working out hard you might not be eating enough.  Give me an idea what your eats are day to day and maybe I can help. 

You can still lose, I know it, we just have to figure out what will jump start you!!

**HUGS**
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Starting Over
on 3/19/09 2:20 pm

I get in an average of 1200 calories a day. About 900 of those from food.

curiousasacat
on 3/18/09 10:09 am - WA
I need those suggestions too.... I have to eat more, if I'm working out more?

jillianD
on 3/18/09 11:59 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with

You need to make sure you are getting in enough, alot of times if you aren't eating enough you body will stop losing, no matter what you do.  Example, if you are only eating 800 cals a day and you are burning off 300 with exercise you body only had 500 left to work with.  I shoot for at least 1000.

Starting Over
on 3/19/09 2:21 pm
hmm, that must be my problem. I up my protein intake, not my food intake when I'm working out alot. So I get in alot more calories...but they're not from food.
jillianD
on 3/19/09 2:41 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Calories are calories I don't think it matters if they come from solids or shakes.  Real food will leave you fuller though. 

Have you thought about getting your BMR tested?  I have seen several people do that to get a scientific # for cals they need to eat in a day.  You breath on this machine for 10 mins and based on how much carbon monoxide you expel you can figure what your body is burning a day.

http://www.microlifeusa.com/products_weightmanage.asp?gclid= CKHW5LWvsZcCFQOcFQodtEeUiQ

Here is a link put your zip code in and it will bring someone up in your area. I think most of the time the test runs about 50.00  I am getting ready to do this myself.

If nothing else maybe it is time to talk to the dr.  There are lots of things that could be going on that can be hindering your weight loss and you won't know till you are seen.

Starting Over
on 3/19/09 3:10 pm

Thanks J! I'm gonna check that out and see about getting tested.
I have an appt next week with my surgeon...finally. So we'll see what happens!

Most Active