Self pay Dr. Srikanth $?

Mdae
on 3/18/09 4:36 am, edited 3/18/09 4:38 am
i apologize, it wasn't my intention to bash anyone or any surgery.  other options were just not for me - and i think it's tragic when people make life-altering choices like this based on popularity and mis-information.  having all the facts, and seeing thru the myths, there could be no other choice for me.  for those that feel otherwise - more power to them, and as i said - i wish them every success.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 3/18/09 6:23 am
My insurance also only covered RNY or band, but after much research I also felt the DS would work best for me, so I left the country to self pay. I know there are several respected DS surgeons who are under $15K outside the US, and one in FL who is $18K. They happen to be some of the best, so it's cool you can get such a good price / surgeon if you are a self pay.
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/09 1:40 pm - .., WA
Thank you all for your responses. It will have to be RNY for me. I cant pay that much out of pocket for a self pay. I think all the surgery options have good and bad points to them. Bottom line though is.......isn't it wonderful that we have options :) we can all find what works best for us, for whatever reason we have.

I am a coward, I hope I have the courage to do this :) Dr Pennings....RNY. I am going to the Tuesday meeting.

DreamWeaver
jillianD
on 3/19/09 12:04 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Good luck!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active