I have my date

Connib
on 3/14/09 2:16 am - Vernon , Canada
Just back from seeing Dr. Thirlby in Seattle, great doctor and great staff. I am having surgery on April 30th and couldn't be more exciting. I'm sure closer to the day I will be nervous but right now I am just to excited.
This was the first time my hubby came with me and it was so comforting to have him meet the doctor and ask questions.
Since having a VBG some 20 years ago I have the complication of alot of vomiting, hubby always asked me if I was bolemic, so the Doctor explained to him that, no this was one of the complications. I guess I was just upset that along with being obese hubby thought I was bolemic. Anyways the visit cleared up any questions and we both were just happy to see the light and the end og this 2 year journey.
We stayed at the Baroness beside the hospital, it was not so good and was hoping someone would have advice on somewhere else to stay in Seattle, does not have to be to close to Virginia Mason but within several miles would be nice.
Thank you all for you support and well wishes.
Conni
Purple_Sparkles
on 3/14/09 2:36 am
Oh kudos & congrats on the Surge Date Conni. I am so excited you are seeing Dr. Thirlby. That's who I am seeing on Wednesday for my consultation. How exciting. I wouldn't mind exchanging emails with you and maybe i'll have a surge date close to you after seeing Dr.T wednesday. I can't only hope right?
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
Connib
on 3/14/09 2:40 am - Vernon , Canada
HI Nikole
My email is [email protected]. Please email me, it will be great to talk to someone else having the same surgeon.  What surgery are you having?
Purple_Sparkles
on 3/14/09 2:45 am, edited 3/14/09 2:45 am
Yay I will add your name to my contacts! I believe Dr.T only does the OpenRNY right? Goodness if he did the Lap thats what I would sign up for in a heart beat. but i am pretty sure the nurses assistant said he only does Open. Are you self Pay or insurance>
Dapme
on 3/14/09 2:52 am - kingwood, TX

Yeh For You!

It will be here in no time!

Congratulations.

Denise
Connib
on 3/14/09 6:12 am - Vernon , Canada
Yes, Dr Thirlby does only open RNY and revisions. I was fortunate enough to get out of country funding from our provincial medical insurance, so they pay everything but travel and hotel costs. I have been trying to get this covered for 2 years. We only have 3 bariatric surgeons in BC and there is thousands of people on the waitlist. I could have gone to other provinces in Canada but they are all the same with 3 - 5 year waitlists unless I was to self pay but I cannot afford that.
Amy R.
on 3/14/09 8:07 am

Hi Conni,

Congrats on getting your date!

Don't know what your budget for hotels is, but the Inn at the Market is really nice and so is the Sheraton (if it's still the Sheraton...IDK) and there is also a nice Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza up there.  How long will you be staying downtown?

Good Luck,
amy

Connib
on 3/14/09 9:26 am - Vernon , Canada
Thank you Amy I will check them out. I will be in Seattle from 28 Apr to about 9th May, should only be 3-4 days in hospital. Maybe after the hospital we will find a hotel out of the downtown area, may be cheaper.
Purple_Sparkles
on 3/15/09 6:24 am
So do you have to do any kind of a Liquid Diet or anything special prior to your Surge Date?
Connib
on 3/15/09 7:41 am - Vernon , Canada
Hey Nikole
The only prep I have is a laxitive the day before surgery. But I will put myself on a soft food diet a few days prior to lessen the fat in my liver. I am  told that is why other surgeons require a liquid diet prior. I think because the surgery is open its not at nessesary to do the liquid diet.  The day before surgery I meet with the dietician and anethesiologist (sp) not sure if thats spelled right.
When is your fist appointment? Where do you live?
Conni
Most Active