question for dr Srikanth patients

val_aiken
on 3/13/09 12:02 am - Port Angeles, WA
Good Morning!  I had my consult appt yesterday.  I am starting the 3 month nut/dr supervised diet.  I am going for an RNY there is a little concern since I have had previous abdomenal surgeries with adhesion once he get in he might have to just put on a lapband.

My question is which shrink did you all see and what did you think about them?
Val

Dapme
on 3/13/09 4:36 am - kingwood, TX
I saw Dr Sally Baird.

253-952-4366.

She was very nice.

Good luck!
Denise
S.A.R.A.
on 3/13/09 6:20 am - Tacoma, WA
I used Dr. Petek. 253 927 8681.

He was very nice. More importantly he was got the results back to Dr. S's office very quickly. His office isnt to far away from Dr. S too.

Good Luck!!
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

m0mmy0f3
on 3/13/09 6:38 am
I saw Dr. Petek as well. He was very nice, humorous and it goes really quickly. Just a couple of long tests to fill out, very simple. His office is just right down the street from Dr. Srikanth.
Emerald47
on 3/13/09 9:35 am - Renton, WA
I went to Dr. Sally Baird... I thought she was wonderful and easy to talk to. I also liked her vast experience in working with WLS patients, and her networking with other's who worked with them.

I don't know about the other shrinks but Dr. Baird used several different tests, not just talking to her. I'm not sure what I think about those overall, but for myself I think it was great that she approached me and the seriousness of this decision with equal seriousness by using several of the tools available in her profession to guide her opinion of my ability to live with the results.

She got my paperwork into Dr. S's office in 2 days, which I thought was excellent and it really helped with my insurance claim.

Good luck with the pre-op stuff!! It IS worth it!

Amy R.
on 3/14/09 8:16 am
Hi Val,

I too saw Dr. Baird and I  think she is great.  Very thorough and caring; and not just a "rubber-stamp" type of thing; she truly evaluates your readiness and  makes sure all is in place for you to get support needed post-op.  She also has a colleague (Wendy Rawlings) that specializes in therapy for those who have had WLS and are dealing with issues.  Wendy has had the RNY herself and is very knowledgable about what we go through.  I've seen her a few times (starting pre-op) and she has been very helpful and supportive about issues that have risen up.

Good Luck with whoever you see,
amy
Most Active