Experience with Dr. Landers?

mortonmanor
on 3/9/09 7:56 am
I may be having  laparoscopic  RYN with Dr. Landers at Group Health, but I don't know a lot about him. He is relatively new to Group Health, so others might know him from another facility.

Looking at his profile, there are a couple of people that have posted (thank you), but I'm wondering if there are others who have experiences to share.

David
Kathy P.
on 3/9/09 12:55 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hi David,
   I had LAP RNY with Dr. Landers one month ago (Yippeee! today is my one month surgiversary!)
   I was very pleased with him and his PA.  Everything was explained to me well ahead of time, and to my hubby as well. I knew just what to expect, and was very optimistic. Dr. Landers was trained by one of the leaders in gastric bypass at the Cleveland Clinic.
   The hospital, Overlake, although a drive from my Kitsap County home, was wonderful. The staff on the 5th floor are very experienced with WLS, and I had lots of attention, and private rooms.
   I did some research when I was assigned to him via GH, and read reviews from when he practiced in Edmonds. I also checked with DOH licensing as well.  All checked out fine.
  Dr. Landers has a special place for WLS, as his own personal family is strewn with obesity, and one relative of his just had her surgery conducted by his teacher.  He is very easy to talk to, practical, as well as realistic.  
  Oh, his MA had same procedure just about one year ago...

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
mortonmanor
on 3/10/09 12:41 am
 Congratulations on your surgiversary and thank you for sharing your experience wtih Dr. Landers. Looking on line there isn't as much information about him as there is on others, but I have only heard good things. I used to work in Port Orchard (living in Kingston) so I understand the hike it is to get to Bellevue for surgery and appointments.

My wife had RYN 6 months ago with Dr. Dillinger at the UW and is really hitting her stride. She also had a great experience with her care. I feel very fortunate to have access to two great programs.

Thanks again

David

RYN 4/28/09
with Dr. Landers 

Cheryl N.
on 3/11/09 3:59 pm - Des Moines, WA

Hi David!!! :) 

Dr. Landers is really wonderful surgeon.  Ditto what Kathy said. 

You are in very good hands with Dr. Landers!!!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Most Active