Support Group Meeting (Dr. Shrikanth) 3/10/09 @ 6:00pm

Emerald47
on 3/9/09 9:00 am - Renton, WA
I called this afternoon, and there IS going to be a support group meeting at St. Francis (Federal Way) for those who are patients of Dr. Shrikanth... (I'm sure others are welcome as well!).
I didn't find out the topic, so if anyone finds out please add that!
At the last meeting they said they would email out reminders - I put my name on the list (again) but never heard. Did anyone get an email? Is it just me, or haven't they managed to fix that problem yet?
LOVE Dr. S, but the support group stuff is a problem, and it is SO important!!
Anyway, just thought I'd share about tomorrow night!

Amy R.
on 3/9/09 11:32 am
I get email notices of Dr. Srikanth's support group meetings.  Have you tried emailing them your request to be added to the distribution?  I wish I could remember who emails them to me, but I can't off the top of my head - but I do get them every month (just can't remember from who...)

Good luck,
amy
Beetle
on 3/9/09 12:23 pm - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Marissa sends them out (when she does). The subject line is either empty or says "info". I nearly deleted them twice because of that. I have emailed them about this, but they don't care.

Here is the write up for this meeting:

Center for Weight Loss Surgery

March Support Group

A Support Group for all Bariatric Surgery Patients

Please join us for a presentation and discussion on

“Family, Friends and Me"

By

Amy Kanigher, ARNP

When: Tuesday March 10th, 2009

Time: 6:00-7:30pm   

Where: MOB Conference Room

(Across from our office)

How do we help each other adjust to the surgery while surviving changing relationships? Tips to maintain and/or increase support among friends and family will be discussed.

Upcoming April topic:

Protein and supplement discussion and sampling. Please join us Tuesday April 14th at 6:00-7:30 in the MOB Conference Room for this fun and tasty topic!

In order for us to run the support group effectively please do not bring young children to the groups.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Sheryl R.
on 3/10/09 1:24 am - Buckley, WA

I plan on being there.  Who else is going?

Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

maxs_mom
on 3/10/09 6:29 am, edited 3/10/09 6:30 am - Auburn, WA
I am not attending.  I am leading the Auburn Support Group tonight.  That was scheduled weeks before I got an email (surprise of surprises, I managed to get an email this month) announcing a 2nd meeting in as many months (how unusual)!

I hope that your meeting is informative and fun!  I wish I could be two places at once.  I do have over one hundered pounds out there somehere; perhaps I should have saved it to create a duplicate that could help me manage my schedule!

Amy

S.A.R.A.
on 3/10/09 5:39 am - Tacoma, WA
I plan on being there tonight, but I am going to have to bring my kiddies again. I hate bringing them but I really have no other option... hubby is working and babysitter had a game. Uggg... I need a new sitter. The kiddies are always good, but I hate to make others feel uncomfortable when I bring them.

See you all tonight.

~~SARA 
~M
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

Beetle
on 3/10/09 6:00 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Don't worry about it! Surely kids are only a problem when they cause a lot of distraction.

I'll be there.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Most Active