Introductions

girly_girl
on 3/4/09 6:35 am - McChord AFB, WA
Hi Board,
My name is Angelina. I have lived in Wa for the last 3 years. I had open RNY in Texas in August of 2004.  I lost a total of 105lbs and have had two kids since my surgery.  Since my last son came a long (a year and a half ago), I've been up about 15lbs - 19lbs from my lowest.  Recently I started really watching my food intake and trying to reach my goal of hitting 140lbs.  I'm down 9lbs in the last two weeks and still have 18lbs to go.

For the last 3 1/2 years I've been looking into having a tummy tuck and breast lift and augmentation.  I am finally done having kids and ready and take that step!

I would love to have you tell me and maybe remind others of where you are in your journey. Good luck.
Angelina 
Pre-Op: 253 - Lowest: 148 - Current: 158
Purple_Sparkles
on 3/4/09 8:07 am
Hey There! Congrats on your family & Weight Loss! Where in TX did you have your surgery? I am still Pre-Op; jumping through my insurance mini hoops. I have my consultation in a couple of weeks.  

Welcome back! 
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
sassietigger
on 3/4/09 3:20 pm
Hi Angelina,
I'm Terri... I don't get on the boards as much as I'd like to... But to give you an intro... I'm happily married and we have 4 children.  I had lap RNY the day before thanksgiving.  My preop weight in August was 293, day of surgery 11/26 was 258 and current am 201... I'm happy with my success and am still very motivated to keep going.  My youngest child will be 2 in June... sounds like our boys are about the same age :) 

I'm rambling... I know that years down the road I will be interested in a TT / orLBL and augmentation... but money is an issue for those "little" surgeries :) lol.

Welcome...
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

maxs_mom
on 3/4/09 6:22 pm, edited 3/4/09 6:23 pm - Auburn, WA

~NAMASTE~

Hi, Angelina. I've been on OH since fall of last year; thank the gods that I happened to stumble across it when it appeared as a hit in a Google search for WLS research/support/etc.  I had VSG with Dr. Srikanth on 11/19/2008 and it's by far the best decision I've ever made because the resulting improvement in both my mental and physical health just 3 1/2 months post-op affects my marriage, relationship with family and friends, and my whole attitude.  As you know, in the big picture, the number on the scale is small potatoes compared to the changes that take place in your body and mind post-op.  Some may think I'm a bit  whack-a-doodle, but I lean East in terms of spirituality/world view and I truly believe that attitude determines reality and that it's a person's choices and outlook that lead to either success or failure.  I am a strong propent and believer in the mind body connection.  I try to remain positive and encouraging for both myself and others.  This has not meant that I deny risks, ignore problems, etc, but rather it means that I try to find a way to shift focus to the excitement that can come from my evolving relationships with food and movement or the lessons I learn by making mistakes, or example.   WLS is never an easy row to hoe and I've had my own share of "problems" due to ongoing medical issues (not surgery related) but I choose to remain confident that I will succeed and hope to encourage others to do the same, whether they are pre-op/newly post-op's struggling with strict or years post-op beginning to consider PS.

I have my “3 month" post –op with my surgeon on Friday 03/06/09 and afterwards will be updating with a long post on the boards I frequent and my OH blog my progress both in terms of pounds loss and a long list of NSV’s.

Welcome to the WA Forum!  There’s a group of great people here and the best part is that we represent different sizes, reasons for WLS, procedure, surgeon/facility, etc.; we're a family who supports, encourages, cheers, offers shoulders to cry on, and most importantly provides a safe haven where honesty is celebrated and encouraged!

Amy

jillianD
on 3/5/09 4:38 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Welcome Angelina!!  I just wanted to invite you to the Madigan support group on thurs eveings in the Cosio room.  It is on the lower level of the nursing tower.  We are there from 5-7 and you are welcome to come in at any time.  There are many of us at different stages. 

Madigan does do a lot of tummy tucks(panni removals).
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

girly_girl
on 3/5/09 7:04 am - McChord AFB, WA

Do you meet every Thursday? I would love to come - but tonight I can't.  Are you meeting next week? Thanks!

Angelina 
Pre-Op: 253 - Lowest: 148 - Current: 158
jillianD
on 3/5/09 11:16 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Yes we meet every thursday.  Hope to see you there sometime!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

LisaAnn
on 3/5/09 11:27 am - WA
Hi Anglelina, I am Lisa. I have lived in WA for the past 15 years...prior to that it was CA.

I had my first (yes first) WLS in 2006, but it was the wrong surgery for me...it was stomach stapling, and I got pregnant a year later with my daughter, and gained half my weight back...she is one now, and I am seeking a revision to RNY.

I just had my first meeting with Madigan today!  Now I wait for my Pathways classes, and beging my new journey to RNY and HEALTH!

I have 4 kids total and am married to a retired Navy man...

Good luck with your breast lift and tummy tuck!!!

Nice to meet  you!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

PinkFlamingoes
on 3/7/09 1:54 am - Buckley, WA
Welcome Angelina .  I had my open RNY on 9-28-06 & am at goal . I have lost over 150 pounds .  I go to the Through thick & thin support group , which meets at the Summit library . I haven't been able to go for awhile , because of my mom's health . There are several military people that go to the meeting . It meets once a month . Someone will have to remind me of the upcoming date . The dates got messed up , due to the library's scheduling .

Most Active