has anyone else had thier lapband in mexico

whooptiewhoo
on 3/4/09 2:13 am - Wenatchee, WA
Just wanting to hear if anyone else has had surgery in Mexico, would love to hear about your experience. I will be having my lap band surgery on March 23, in TJ with Dr. Almanza
Purple_Sparkles
on 3/4/09 2:23 am
Sorry darling I am no help. But wanted to say good luck regardless. I am sure you have checked out the Mexico forum as well? I looked at that last night. Looks like a lot of people are headed over there in these upcoming months! Are you taking any extra vaca days or strictly for your WLS?
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
pam H.
on 3/4/09 3:14 am - Renton, WA
Do you have a Doc near your home who has agreed to follow you postop for your fills and other postop followup and issues? Some docs won't do follow-up if they didn't do the original surgery. You definitely need to have that in place ahead of time. I have read posts on here from people who had RNY in Mexico and were very pleased with their care and results. I don't recall any comments from people having Lap-Band in Mexico. Nevertheless, I wish you the best of luck, and let us know how things are going for you. 

Hislady
on 3/4/09 1:59 pm - Vancouver, WA
With all the unrest currently going on in Mexico with alerts not to go there especially the border towns I would personally never consider going there. Yes it's cheaper but you get what you pay for. Like Pamilan said you MUST have followup in place stateside if you go this route. If you are sure this is the way you want to go I suggest you read Midwestern girl's profile and maybe PM her she seems to have a great deal of info on Mexico.
Nicki H.
on 3/7/09 3:46 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
I went to Puerto Vallarta with Dr Joya.  It was beautiful there and hospital was maybe cleaner then any I have been to here in the states.  My experience was great!  Just make sure you have a doc who follow you after incase any problems arise.  Also Fill Centers USA is who I go through for fills.  They are great too.  I know I have seen another person on here who lives in Wenatchee who was banded....good luck to you!!!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Most Active