10% weightloss pre-op

Mdae
on 3/3/09 12:15 am
no, he didn't.  and yes, i did the nutrition class - which i was very disappointed with.  it was so geared toward RNY/lab-band, that even when i asked a DS specific question, i was brushed off.  it made me glad that i have other resources for information.
Sheryl R.
on 3/3/09 1:44 am - Buckley, WA

Yes, I did notice that with the exception of how many protein drinks and how many vitamins required, he gives everyone the same diet no matter which surgery.  I thought that was interesting. 

So the liquid diet is just something you decided to do to lose the 10%?  I am not looking forward to the liquid diet phase.  Are you going crazy wanting to chew something?  I think I will.

All the best to you.
Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

Mdae
on 3/3/09 5:05 am
it gets a bit easier after the first couple of days, but i does drive me crazy cooking for my family and stuff.
Nopenname
on 3/3/09 11:09 am - Tacoma, WA
I'm dreading this. Especially since in the last year I've dropped from 450 to 407due to pregnancy and then breastfeeding. I'm afraid I'll stall out. It's really too bad he won't take previous recent weight loss DX<

I was hoping I could continue breastfeeding nearly exclusively to help strip weight off of me during the pre-surgery diet, but just today my daughter weighed in as only gained 7 ounces in two months :( even though she seems to be eating aaaallll the time. The Pediatrician can't believe I've lost 22lbs in the last seven weeks and thinks...this is hilarious really... I am not eating enough! (The two tuna sandwhiches I had last night for dinner beg to differ!)

Either way, I was going to need to start the peanut on formula because of the liquid diet and then surgery and then after surgery restrictions to what I'll be able to eat right away.

But yeah, back on topic I am hoping I have the willpower. Since we are both doing DS we should just try to remind ourselves that we'll be back to eating relatively normal in no time!
Mdae
on 3/3/09 1:21 pm
i agree, and i think if i had just a little more time, i wouldn't be as freaked.  and yes, i did have more time, during my 6 month diet, but i was under the assumption that i'd be denied and denied and denied some more.   that'll teach me to be such a pessimist, eh?

and, to top things off - right around my final consult with srikanth, Aunt flo is due to come and temporarily sabotage some of my progress - whatta b----.

22lbs is awesome tho, particularly if you're still able to eat a bit.  my mom made corned beef tonight, just as a special torture.  my whiff was somewhat less than satisfying. 
Most Active