Dr. Jeffrey Hunter & Dr. Richard Thirlby

Purple_Sparkles
on 3/2/09 1:48 am
Okay so I am freaking out just a bit. I called to find out if there were any other earlier dates of openings for a consultation with Kat. The schedulers checked but they also wanted to leave a note with the Bariatric Nurse/Secretary to call me back. I spoke to her a bit and she indicated that Dr. Hunter doesn’t like to do a Lap Rny with bmi’s higher than 50. He likes to refer them to Dr. Richard Thirlby. So now I am thinking omy goodness should I just “scrape" the idea of being with Hunter and ask for a consultation through Thirlby’s office and just go for the open. I really can’t afford to travel to FedWay 3 ½ hours away and do this again. I really need to save all my vacation/sick time for the surgery and recover it self. Plus making 2 consultation trips probably won’t be sitting well with my employer.   Any suggestions?   Anyone have had thirlby?
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
Helen_Anne
on 3/2/09 3:15 am - Bremerton, WA

Both Dr Thirlby and Dr Hunter are great surgeons... how close are you getting a BMI under 50?  If you think it possible to get under between now and your Pre- op visit (usually 2 to 3 weeks before surgery)... then you may want to stay with Dr Hunter... but if not... schedule with Dr Thirlby.

Dr Thirlby has been doing WLS for over 20 years.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Purple_Sparkles
on 3/2/09 3:18 am
Goodness not close at all. So Kat doesn’t do the consultation for Dr. T? Should I call and re-schedule under the different doctor? Now I am freaking out crying at work. Just another hoop to go through. I am already feeling frustrated.
Helen_Anne
on 3/2/09 5:54 am - Bremerton, WA

Kat Redmon only does consults for Dr Hunter.  Dr Thirlby does all of his own consults.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Purple_Sparkles
on 3/2/09 6:03 am
Thanks Helen! I appreciate all your help. I decided to call Dr. T’s office and they were able to get me in on March 18th! Woo Hoo Moving On Up! Scared about the Open Rny really scared but regardless I am in this for the long haul! Dr’s T office already sent me via fax all my info to fill out and paperwork I should have together for my appointment!
mommyof5
on 3/8/09 4:31 pm - Seattle, WA
I had my Open RNY with Dr Thirlby, I had a BMI over 50, I'd be glad to talk with you anytime, dont be scared, I had a great experience.
Most Active