Waiting for a surgery date

mortonmanor
on 2/28/09 10:07 pm
 After a year of planning (including many seminars, OH conference in LA, and waiting to change insurance to Group Health), I've completed by various presurgery checklists, lost my 3% and an anxiously waiting for my surgery date with Dr Bock.

Waiting is the hardest part (so far). Let's hope I hear from them on Monday :)

While I am waiting, I must say that I have been VERY impressed with Group Health.  My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are going through the insurance denial and appeal dance (United Health), but I've found GH to be very supportive and caring/helpful. 

David

RNY with Dr. Bock
Surgery date TBD
271/261/173

dewy3
on 3/1/09 2:46 am - Rochester, WA
Hi David

I too am with Group Health and have had NO problems. I have found everyone at Group Health to be helpful, encouraging, and supportive. When I started even thinking about having surgery my best friend and I started looking into with our different insurances.  She is still dealing with them and hasn't even been giving a checklist of tests or anything. They are want her to follow a strict diet for 6 months and then will "think" about approving it.  But they (can't remember her insurance) told her that it would be at least a year or more before she ever gets to have the surgery. 

When I had completed everything that was needed from Julie and Frances I thought it was going to take forever to get my date.  But within 2 weeks I had my date of April 20th.  I think the waiting for the date is the hardest part.  At least for me it has been.  I am sure the closer my date gets I will be going crazy wanting it to get here.  At least I have a couple of more support group meetings in Olympia before my date. 

Best of luck to you and I hope you are able to get your date soon.

Cherryl

Most Active