Madigan Surgery Process

LisaAnn
on 2/26/09 8:51 am - WA
Hi, I am seeking a revision, and was sooo lucky to get my first meeting appt. for March 5th. Tricare did not want to schedule me there since I live so far away, but Madigan scheduled me anyway!!! WOOO HOOOO

So, I have my first appt. on March 5th it is 2 hours, and I am thinking it is a seminar type thing.

Then what?? Can anyone tell me what to expect in the way of how it works at Madigan?

This is a revision for me, but I am assuming I would need to go through the same steps as a new surgery since I did not have my original surgery with Madigan.

I appreciate any help you can give.

I am hoping for Dr. Carter since that is who my original surgeon (who is now retired) told me I should go see.

Thanks a lot!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Shelley S.
on 2/27/09 12:14 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there!  I can give you what my own experience was through the pathway.  As far as I know it hasn't really changed in the last year, so hope this helps some.  It's from my personal blog, but it was easier to post the link than try and type it all out.

Madigan Pathway Process

LiveBlondeOrDieTryin
on 2/27/09 2:44 am - Bremerton, WA
Well, I started this process the end of September last year. I had to go through:

1. Dietitian (at least 3 sessions)
2. Nutrition classes (I think there was 6-7 of them)
3. Surgeon seminar
4. Mental health analysis
5. Blood work,  EKG, gallbladder ultrasound etc...
6. Physical
7. At least one support group meeting
8. proof of 2 forms of birth control

My surgery is set for March 20th WooHoo!

(Lost 16lbs pre-op)             Ba-Bye FAT
LisaAnn
on 2/27/09 4:21 am - WA
Thank you soooo very much Shelly!! I really got so much info. from your blog. You are doing so amazing. It was very inspirational and very informational!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Live blonde, congrats on your upcoming surgery!!! Thank you too!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Shelley S.
on 2/27/09 5:52 am - Ft Lewis, WA
You're very welcome Lisa! Glad it was of some help to you.

Most Active