open RNY @ Virginia Mason

Connib
on 2/26/09 4:48 am - Vernon , Canada
I just recieved the ok for out of country funding and my medical service provider wants me to go to Virginia Mason hospital, does anyone know which doctor does the open RNY there?
thanks
Conni
Helen_Anne
on 2/26/09 5:33 am - Bremerton, WA

Yes... Dr Richard Thirlby and Dr Ravi Moonka both do open RNY.  There are 2 other surgeon's but they both prefer doing Lap RNY.

Both Drs Thirlby and Moonka are great surgeons!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Connib
on 2/26/09 5:51 am - Vernon , Canada
Thank you I will contact them. I prefer lap rny too , but a surgeon in BC said it would have to be open due to other surfeires I have had.
Thanks
Conni
Connib
on 2/26/09 8:04 am - Vernon , Canada
surfeires? hmmm what is that. lets try surgeries.
Anyways Got an appointment with Dr. Thirlby, for Mar 13th. I am so excited.
Thank you
debbie O.
on 2/27/09 11:40 am - snohomish, WA
Dr. Thirlby did my surgery and I'm really happy with the results.  I had my surgery just a little over a year ago and have lost over 130 lbs, countless inches and down many many sizes.  I don't even mind the seam going down the front from the surgery LOL.
Connib
on 2/27/09 12:21 pm - Vernon , Canada
Hi Debbie, 
I have heard he is a great surgeon
So did you have a revision or just an open rny?
Do you mind if I pick your memory a bit.
How long were you in the hospital?
I have this thing about the nasal tube they put into your stomach, did you have it when you  woke up?
Thanks
Conni
debbie O.
on 2/28/09 4:16 am - snohomish, WA

As I said before I am really pleased with my surgery. I had open RNY, he was one of the Dr's on my insurance plan and that worked out perfectly for me. I had my surgery on a Thursday morning and went home on that Sunday. And Yes I woke up with an NG tube. It was irrating but, it shouldn't be deal breaker. Since they do it that was there isn't any other leak tests, like upper GI's. It just keeps the new little pouch dry so things can heal up a bit, I was really glad when they took it out and I could swallow again though.
Feel free to ask any other questions.

Debbie

Most Active