OT - My Mom is really ill .

PinkFlamingoes
on 2/23/09 2:10 pm - Buckley, WA
Thank you , Mary . I will definatly tell my Mom about the CHF program that Multicare has . Technology is amazing to me . I'm sorry you have lost your parents . Sometimes I wish I were little again . I would appreciate it more . And try to grow up , less .

LisaAnn
on 2/23/09 11:48 am - WA
I just wanted to tell you that your mom will be in my prayers!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

PinkFlamingoes
on 2/23/09 2:12 pm - Buckley, WA
Thank you , Lisa . I appreciate the prayers .

maxs_mom
on 2/23/09 7:18 pm - Auburn, WA
~Namaste~

Kathy,

Please know that I am sending healing thoughts your way.  I hope that your Mother's health improves and that you are able to take care of yourself in this time of extreme stress. 

Amy

PinkFlamingoes
on 2/25/09 11:56 am - Buckley, WA
Amy , Thank you so much . Kathy

nancy6
on 2/24/09 4:20 am - Tacoma, WA
Oh, Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear all you and your mom are going through.  You are all definitely in my thoughts and prayers...  I don't think we can ever be ready to lose a loved one.  I'm glad that your mom is in the hospital where they can take care of her and get her healthy enough to be able to come home, where she would rather be.  But I agree, better not to have her home until she has the health stuff under control and is stable.  It can be very wearing for the "handler" and I know you are already handling lots of things you shouldn't have to be handling...  Be sure to take care of you during this time as well - so that you can continue to handle things!  Just remember we are all here for you!  (Even if some - like me - don't get on the boards too often any more...)
Hugs to you!
Nancy

~Nancy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 2/25/09 12:00 pm - Buckley, WA
Thanks , Nancy . I don't get on the boards as much these days , either . Life with kids , means busy , busy , busy .

Beetle
on 2/24/09 8:47 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Kathy, I'm not very good at the prayers, but I'll try to send some healing vibes in your direction.
Wishing you and your mom all the best!

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

PinkFlamingoes
on 2/25/09 11:58 am - Buckley, WA
Karin , all positive vibes accepted . I'm not a great prayer , myself , but i've been getting some practice .

seattledeb
on 2/24/09 1:32 pm
I hope your mom is on the path to getting better.
One thing about your post-if she continues on prednisone she'll likely need to have her blood sugar checked at home.  If your sugar is too high it could be dangerous for her.
For you..I hope you are able to carve out some time for yourself. It's hard being the caregiver.
Take care...Debra
Most Active