My First Spinning/Studio Cycle Class in 5 Years

Alan S.
on 2/22/09 4:19 am - Saint Michael, MN
Hello my fellow WA OH'ers!

I went to a spinning (a.k.a. studio cycle) class today for the first time in five years! I made it thru the class pretty good and I actually worked out to a point of really getting sweaty today.  What a difference taking an instructor led group class makes on your work out!

Coincedentally, I realized that today I am 100 days post-op.  So, here's my 100 day post-op photo.  I currently weigh 271 pounds, having lost 109 pounds in the last year:

What is everyone else in MN doing for activity during these wintery days we've been having?  Please post me back and let me know!  Take Care & Stay Warm!

FabBy50 .
on 2/22/09 7:41 am - Everett, WA
Looking good!!! Keep up the good work. Bernadette
Hislady
on 2/22/09 2:02 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hats off to you!The only time I'm spinning is when I get up in the morning.Keep up the great job!
pam H.
on 2/23/09 6:43 am - Renton, WA
Alan, you are doing awesome! It's time for a new avie! I haven't done any group classes yet,but I hope to soon. When I slow down into too much of a comfort zone on the treadmill, I pretend that Jillian from "The Biggest Loser" is my trainer, and I pretend she is screaming at me to "Get your hands off those blanking siderails !" I speed up until I'm sweating and breathing hard. Increasing the intensity really seems to get me better fitness gains. Each time I get a little stronger and faster, whereas before I kinda got into a rut with slow walking. Keep up the great work! 

Most Active