1 year anniversary!! X-post

angi1524
on 2/16/09 1:46 pm
Jillian you look fantastic. I also met you as a newbie this month at one of the support meetings. I was the quiet one in the corner. You are definitely an inspiration. My DH is also deployed to Iraq so I will be going into the surgery without him. I am lucky that I have such wonderful friends to help support me. Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it!

Angie

jillianD
on 2/16/09 2:45 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Oh that is scary going into this without your hubby.  On the plus side you won't have to deal with him when you are fresh out of surgery.  Mine about drove me crazy some days.  He kept eating things that smelled soo bad it would make me feel sick!!
You should defiantly come to the thurs night support group.  We have a contact list so that when you are at home and get worried or just anything you have someone to call.  It really helps when you are thinking you did something wrong, or to see if some one had the same thing happen to them.  Or you can always PM me and I will answer any question you have.  I usuall am on in the am early and then in the evening before bed time.

Best wishes!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/17/09 6:20 am
I just love before and afters like yours - you look fantastic!

I'm sorry your feeling alone. I've had friends come and go as well, and would love to meet for coffee or a walk sometime if you feel like it. I'll be out of town the next few weeks, but if you want meet up, let me know.
Deanne
jillianD
on 2/17/09 11:27 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Are you kidding? You are on my top 10 people I'd like to meet!! I was actually thinking about doing a Olympia area meet n greet, next month.  Would be nice to meet some other WLS locals.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/17/09 12:00 pm
I would LOVE that! I got a bit discouraged about starting a meeting when there were no places available for us to meet easily (and cheap), but a meet and greet would be fun! I am soo up for that!
jillianD
on 2/17/09 12:13 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I was discouraged too.  On the up side there is a coffee place over by Lowes on Marvin Rd, I think it is called Copper Creek, the people who run it are very cool and have all kinds of SF coffee flavors.  I will ask next time I am in if they would mind us going there.

When will you be back?

dewy3
on 2/17/09 1:40 pm - Rochester, WA
I would be interested in a meeting in Olympia.  I know I am just in the pre-op stage but I am willing to help with if needed. 

Cherryl

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/18/09 5:35 am
I hope you can. We're all at different places in our weight loss journey, and I found it helpful to talk to post-ops before I had surgery.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/18/09 5:34 am
Schedule is a little loose still, but during the first week of March. That sounds good, I'm a coffee addict.
dewy3
on 2/18/09 11:33 am - Rochester, WA
I am pretty open the first week of March too other than the first Friday.  I have an oreintation class in Bellevue that is required by group health. 

Most Active