1 year anniversary!! X-post

jillianD
on 2/14/09 12:29 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Well yesterday marked the first year since I had my life changing, life saving surgery.  I am so blessed.  I have now lost 144lbs, gone from a size 26 to a size 10!

Here are my before and after pics.

Before

Surgery morning.....( Oh how I hate this pic!!)

After  ( 2 days ago) 

What can I say?  My life is wonderful.  I can go, go , go all day long, I fit in anything comfortably, I don't worry about breaking chairs.   I have decided I have had enough living on the sidelines and am out there doing instead of dreaming.

Don't get me wrong, I still struggle with food some days, people are now getting after me about not losing anymore weight...  (LOL  )  I think they have decided that I have been starving my self, no matter that they see me eat.

I have also been pretty lonely this year.  Several friends have moved away, one of my best friends is in Afghanistan, and I miss my husband, who is in Iraq, so much!!  It has been 10 months since I have seen him. 

You all have been my lifeline some days.  Love to everyone!!

Well enough about me.

If you are a pre-op, I wouldn't change a thing except I wish I had done this 5 years ago!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Cheryl N.
on 2/14/09 12:52 am - Des Moines, WA
Wow you look fantastic!!!!

I'm sorry that your hubby is in Iraq, when does he return home? 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

jillianD
on 2/14/09 8:04 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Thank you!!

He will be home for a visit in the next week or so, I can't wait!!

jcheryld
on 2/14/09 2:06 am
AMAZING!!!

I had never seen your before pi****il I saw this post, and you look SO good... such an inspiration! Congrats on your success!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

jillianD
on 2/14/09 8:06 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Aww thank you!!    You are doing wonderful yourself!!  I hope a bunch of us can get togther during the OH conference this summer!! 

Turtle13
on 2/14/09 3:06 am - WA
Happy Anniversary!

You look fantastic! I'm sorry to hear your hubby is gone but hopefully he will be home in a couple months. You are my inspiration. Your posts/responses have been so helpful. I can't wait to meet you and the others at the support group meetings one of these days.
Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
jillianD
on 2/14/09 8:07 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Thank you!!

Actually hubbu weill be home for R&R in the next week or so.  I am very excited.  I will sure be happy when this deployment is over though.

Shelley S.
on 2/14/09 11:22 am - Ft Lewis, WA
YAY!!! You know how proud I am of you, but I'm going to shout it here anyway  lol  I AM REALLY PROUD OF YOU MY FRIEND!!!!!!  I've seen you transform over the last year and you inspire me every time I see you!!  Love you girlie!

jillianD
on 2/14/09 2:54 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
*Snort* I'm not the only one who has made a bunch of changes!!  I am so proud of you too!!  You in particular have been one of my lifelines in the past year.  I couldn't have done it with out you!!

This is for our coffee dates.

Love you back your hottness!!

Momof2ArmyBrats
on 2/14/09 11:30 am
Congrats girl! This is the first time I have seen your before picture and you look awesome! Have fun with your husband! I can not wait until I can post my before and after pics! Only 31 more days and I will be on the losers bench! YAY!! See ya at group in a few weeks :)
Anna

Most Active