Weight loss and Vitamin questions

Turtle13
on 2/14/09 2:51 am - WA
Michelle,

Thank you for the number.  I will try them on Monday. I feel the same way about the surgery. I have my fingers crossed for this summer so my kids will be home and I won't have to worry about taking them to and from school. Summer would be ideal and I could easily take time off work then also. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
angi1524
on 2/16/09 1:16 pm
Hi Ladies!

I have heard that Meg can be very strict on the 10 to 20 lbs to lose. I was told that she could actually send you back through Pathway if you did not lose enough. I have had 2 different people tell me this that have had RNY through Madigan. I was also one of the pople that was in Meg's Orientation on Feb 2nd and honestly I had gone to Dr. Oh's seminar and learned the same thing. Too bad we couldn't use that for the 1st class. I would suggest that you call Tricare everyday to see if you can get into Meg's class. A few other people I know got to get into her class because she had an open appointment after someone dropped out.  Just ask for the Pathway class. And they will tell you to call everyday. They did for me. Congrats on taking the first step!

Turtle13
on 2/17/09 12:30 pm - WA
Hi Angi,

Thanks for the update. My friend's mom had her RNY back in 2006 and when I was asking her about Meg, she didn't know who she was. It seems like there has been a lot of changes. I will definitely be sure to stay on task to lose the required weight. Do you know if they put you on a special diet or do they just leave it up to you to find a way to lose the weight. (I hope they give you a diet plan to follow because what I've been doing sure hasn't been working. LoL)

When did you go through the initial orientation? (I went to Dr. Oh's also and kind of wished the same thing that we could count it as the initial orientation.) I called her and left her a message. She was really nice, but told me she wasn't the one that I needed to talk to. She provided me with yet another name and telephone number. I kind of feel like I am getting the run around. I dunno.

I left a message with this new lady and am waiting for a return call. Wish me luck. I am just so ready. As I'm sure a lot of others are too. (I hate the whole not knowing. I don't know what number I am, I don't know who I am supposed to get a call from, I just don't know a lot. LoL)
Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
Most Active