Feeling alone in Renton

Emerald47
on 2/10/09 2:03 pm - Renton, WA
Hello! I am new to this forum, but I have been told that you are all very helpful folks!
I had my surgery at the end of October and things have gone very well. I have lost a total of 130 pounds (some of that before my surgery) and I am feeling very sucessful. However, I am having a few problems with the protein (I'm sure you've all heard that one!!) and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions...
I only found two flavors that I 'enjoy' - the Nector Peach and Ice Tea. I can drink the Nector Lemonade, but those are about it! I am really looking for some thoughts on what to do to help make them more drinkable, although, I have to have them so thick that 'drink' is not really the right word...
If anyone has any thoughts, PLEASE let me know!
Best to you...
jillianD
on 2/10/09 10:53 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I don't know why you have to drink them thick but I liked to mix mine with crystal lite or G2.  One of my all time fav shakes is vanilla protein blended with frozen peaches, pinapple and water with a squirt of malibu rum flavor.  Its all icy cold and super thick like a good milk shake.

130 lbs is excellent, I hope you keep coming to the boards.  There is a support group in your area, those are always good places to go for new ideas and inspiration.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Beetle
on 2/10/09 11:34 pm - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Hi there, "Emerald" and welcome!

We just had a support group at Dr Srikanth's office last night. There should be one every second Tuesday of the month, starting at 6pm - usually in the conference room across from his office. If you call them, they'll add you to their email notifications list (although up to now that has shown only limited success, but they say they're working on it all).

I'm in Renton, too, so if you're feeling lonely, perhaps we can arrange to meet for a chat somewhere. Our WA board here does have the occasional informal GTG, as well, but they don't happen often enough. Feel free to email me if you'd like  :-)

Jill, we are told to have our protein shakes much thicker than normal. Our doctor likes to make them count as "food", so they help us feel full for longer and take a bit longer to go through our system to maximise absorption.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 2/11/09 3:39 am - WA
Our next Support Group Meeting in March will be a Tast Testing, or if you can come to Auburn you can try different drinks and see if you can find more that you like. Just call me (253) 939-8865 and set a time that is good for you. It sounds like you are doing very well, Keep up the good work!
Merrilou
Most Active