New To Pathway

angi1524
on 2/7/09 12:07 am
Hi!  I have all my pathway classes scheduled and I am actually half way through them. I have the rest scheduled for the end of the month. I am really trying hard to lose the 10-20 lbs that are required for the next step of Pathway. I did have a set back tonight but I am still positive that I can do it. My friend gave me this website and I finally got the nerve to write something-I am so an introvert!! I was curious if anyone had a surgeon that they absolutely loved at Madigan. I have been given some names- Sabesta ( whose in Afghanistan) and Beekley. Does anyone know who the new doctor is?
Shelley S.
on 2/7/09 12:43 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there! I had my surgery 11 months ago at Madigan and I wouldn't trade my surgeon for the world.  I haven't heard anything bad about any of them though, so whoever you get, you'll be in good hands.

Momof2ArmyBrats
on 2/7/09 12:48 am
Hello and welcome! I am scheduled to have my surgery on March 18th with Dr. Beekley. I have only had one appt. with him but what I got from it is he great. He answered all my questions and went over all the risk involved.
Anna

kymoon
on 2/7/09 2:34 am - graham, WA
hello and welcome...i had surgery ..6 months ago at madigan...i had dr carter... he  was my      ...but like was said before...haven't heard anything bad about any of them....at madigan... so you should be fine....good luck in ur journey...
jillianD
on 2/7/09 10:02 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Welcome!!  I hope we see you at one of the support groups sometime!!  I try to make it to both the tuesday and the thurs evening.  Although I will only make it to tuesday's this week.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

LiveBlondeOrDieTryin
on 2/7/09 12:21 pm - Bremerton, WA
I have Doctor Haque. My surgery is scheduled for March 20th WooHoo! I just met him last Monday & he is super nice & intelligent! I'm very excited to have him as my surgeon.

(Lost 16lbs pre-op)             Ba-Bye FAT
angi1524
on 2/7/09 2:08 pm
Thanks for the info! I actually have attended one support session on Tuesday at Madigan. I was very relieved that there was such a lively group. I honestly did not know what to expect but I really enjoyed it.  I will probably not be able to attend anymore Tuesdays as I have to wor****il 4 but I can definitely go on Thursdays. Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
ladyjake
on 2/11/09 3:19 pm - Lacey, WA
Congrats! on getting this far with your Pathway classes. If it took you as long as it did me to get the classes, I know how thrilled you are to be halfway finished with them.  I have 3 more classes to complete for the Pathway, so I do not have any first-hand knowledge about any of the surgeons. I agree with Shelley, you will be in good hands whoever you decide on for your surgery.
Good luck with completing you Pathway and the surgery.

Most Active