Dr Srikanth Support Group on Feb 10th

Beetle
on 2/6/09 8:04 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Yup, that's right. I got the flyer when I was there for my appointment today, and even just got the email, as well. They have found a replacement for Vicki, and Kelly says they WILL improve the meeting situation, e.g. have a 3 months plan and post it on the website, too.
Here is hoping! In the meantime this means I'll be going to THIS support group, and can't go to Auburn *sigh*.

Here are the details as per the office email:

Center for Weight Loss Surgery

February Support Group

Combined Support Group for

Lap Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Bypass and

Duodenal Switch Patients

Please join us for presentation and discussion on

Exercise Tips & Strategies

By

Amy Kanigher, ARNP

When: Tuesday February 10th, 2009

Time: 6:00-7:30pm   

Where: MOB Conference Room

(Across from our office)

Amy is our new Nurse Practitioner who is keenly interested in educating patients about “Exercise for a healthy life".  Please wear comfortable work out clothing as we will be trying out a few simple exercises.

In order for us to run the support group effectively please do not bring young children to the groups.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

maxs_mom
on 2/6/09 9:45 am - Auburn, WA
While I am glad that there's a possibility that new the NP, Amy, will make more of an effort to notify patients of support groups, etc., it would seem that there's still an issue with notification of patients.  I've received no email anouncing the meeting.  And as we both know, not all Srikanth patients utilize OH.

I'm sorry, but I made a prior commitment to attend the Auburn Support Group, which has been scheduled for months, and I will honor that commitment.  Perhaps had I been informed of this meeting, or future meetings in a timely manner, I could schedule my commitments accordingly.  Surely they can't think that less than 4 days notice is sufficient for the vast majority of patients who work, need to secure childcare, etc.  As you mentioned previously, it's not diffucult to create a calendar application on the office's website.  Heck, I'm definitely not a computer whiz and I could do that...and have for other groups, work, etc.

Karin, you I can arrange to meet for tea or something sometime next week.  I'm boycotting this particular support group to voice my displeasure with the office's lack of communication and outreach to patients.  The Auburn Support group starts at 6:00 PM, too - would you like to meet early in the conference room (around 4:30 PM) to chit chat; as long as I leave by 5:30, I will be able to make Merrilou's meeting on time.  I will be contacting either Amy or Laksmi (sic - office manager) on Monday to express my displeasure and discuss ways to improve the support services provided.

I hope that you all have fun and hope that they'll actually follow-through on emailing participants the info related to the meeting; it's my understanding that never took place last month for the recipes group.

Amy

Beetle
on 2/6/09 10:21 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
I did tell Kelly right away that I wasn't impressed with having to change my plans and that a few days notice simply is NOT good enough.
She nodded her understanding in all the right places and assured me things would improve.

I understand that you don't feel like changing your plans.... our situations are a little different re those two meetings. Miffed as I am, but I'm trying to attend every one of their meetings, anyway, if I can possibly help it.

I'm sorry I've had to change my mind about the Auburn meeting...... I'm feeling mighty squashed between my rock and my hard place at present  :-(

I would love to meet you in the conference room at 4:30 pm, then we could also discuss what other mischief we might like to get up to in the near future.

I'll even bring some tea!

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Dapme
on 2/9/09 9:23 am - kingwood, TX
I never got notified of it at All!

Thanks for posting it Karin!

See you there.

Denise
juicyprincess
on 2/13/09 4:33 pm - Tacoma, WA
can you please tell me when march is, i missed this one and the office hasnt told me any of this
maxs_mom
on 2/13/09 4:56 pm - Auburn, WA
Your guess is as good as mine!

Karin (Beetle), who attended the meeting (I just went to chat with her beforehand as I had a prior commitment that night that started at 6:30 PM) told me that at the meeting, the new ARNP "Amy" indicated that the office was committed to improving communication with patients about support groups, creating a new and improved website that would feature a calendar, and holding combined support groups the 2nd Tuesday of every month.  I wouldn't hold my breath nor assume that there will be a meeting on 03/10 without speaking to the office.  I encourage you to contact the office and speak to Lakshmi (the office manager) or Amy directly and ask.  Perhaps if they receive enough complaints about their lack of "customer service" when it comes to the vital issue of support groups, they'll get a clue and actually use the email lists they already have on file to send info to patients.  Also, it would appear that the support groups that were less presentation and more interactive/conversational that were divided into two groups (restrictive procedures and bypass procedures) are now completely gone!?!?!?

You know, this issue really chaps my rather large hide!  I love Dr. Srikanth and think he's the best bariatric surgeon in the State of Washington.  It's really quite disturbing that a vital component of long term succes after WLS, support, seems to be a non-priority.  I told the office as much in a letter that I left with the new ARNP on Tuesday night before I left.  I asked for a call or email in that letter to discuss the issue; I even volunteered to help them with a good notiication system/website/calendar and to date haven't heard heard rom them!  I am disappointed. 

Amy

Most Active