Appointment today

Beetle
on 2/6/09 1:50 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
I have a follow up appointment today. Had my blood tests done last week, so today I'll hear the results for those labs.

The scary part is this: I am normally a very good girl with my eating. I've only overdone it twice so far - Christmas I indulged in a few too many goodies, and then again the very night before my blood draw, when we went to a party.
It was an Australia Day party, and the hostess had so many wonderful Aussie treats that we normally don't get - all of them sweet :-(

I don't dump, and don't have any real food issues, so there was nothing stopping me from sampling every single thing there 

I bet my glucose level (which has been perfectly fine) was through the roof from that indulgence the night before, and Dr Srikanth will tell me off big time.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa, I want someone to come hold my hand !!!!!!

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Dapme
on 2/6/09 6:37 am - kingwood, TX
Ok...let us know if Dr Srikanth tells you off.

Denise
Beetle
on 2/6/09 8:00 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Phew, all is good. My glucose was only 86, so my body took good care of all the sugar.
My A1C is 4.7 !!!!!! I am so thrilled about that.

All my values are good except for the iron - it is on the low side again.
So he upped my iron pills to 3 times a day (such a pain,  working that in with all the endless calcium I have to take, too) as well as sending me for another 5 iron infusion.

He wasn't happy about me me moaning about that  :-(

Ah well...... could be worse, right?

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

jillianD
on 2/7/09 10:08 am, edited 2/7/09 10:08 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
You are right it could be worse.  Make sure you are taking that iron with something acid, like a vit C, or even a little juice.  Glad to hear that your sugar wasn't all crazy and your A1C level, right on!!

Edited cause I can't spell. 
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active