srikanth support

juicyprincess
on 1/26/09 2:48 am - Tacoma, WA
does anyone know if  there is a meeting at dr srikanths office today or tomorrw? What time?
thanks
maxs_mom
on 1/26/09 3:11 am - Auburn, WA
There is a combined procedure support group tomorrow night (Tuesday 01/27/2009) from 6:00 - 7:30 PM in the conference room across from Dr. Srikanth's Office.

juicyprincess
on 1/26/09 3:25 am - Tacoma, WA
thanks =) I was worried it was tonight, i have to work late. I should be there tomorrow (nervous and excited)!
juicyprincess
on 2/5/09 4:00 pm - Tacoma, WA
as you could tell, i missed that one (work) when is the next?? trying to get ready...surgery is quickly approaching!
maxs_mom
on 2/5/09 5:28 pm - Auburn, WA
As much as I adore Dr. Srikanth, the office staff's commitment to patient commincation is very poor as it relates o scheduling & announcing support groups in a timely manner.  They used to have two groups; one for Bypass (RNY & DS) and one for Restriction (Lap-Band & VSG).  Those groups met once a month on different days.   However since at least Nov, none of those individual groups have met. 

So, I guess that you'd have to call the office and ask Marissa if there will be support group meetings in February (either another combined procedure support group or separate groups for bypass and restricive patients.

Since I have been on OH it appears that many Srikanth patients have the same complaint and I think the issue shoudl be addressed with him and/or is office manager directly.

I do know that you need to call Marissa at the office and add your name to their group list to receive email nitfications of the meetings.  Unfortunatelly, in the recent past, those notifications are not sent in a timely manner that takes into account the work schedules, family commitments, etc. of all of his post-op.

I think I shall try to schedule a meeting with his office manager to see if we can get a better handle on this issue.  Hopefully I can accomplish that by the first part of next week.  It really shold be too much of an inconvenience to post a monthly calendar on the C4WLS website that shows nutrition class and support group dates.

I'll let you know what I find!

In the meantime, There's an Auburn SUpport Group on Feb 10 at 6:30 - 8:00 PM and most of those people are either Srikanth or OH patients.  There's another group in Tacoma, called Thru Thick & Thin that meets weekly at the Summit Branch of the Pierce County Library and support group meetings held monthly at Virgia Mason in Seattle.  Most support groups welcome pre-op and post-ops from different surgeons / different procedures and when in doubt you can always post a thread on the main board asking fro a list of upcoming support group meetings.  There's also an OH Support Group leader in Kirkland, Christine Gibson, that does a Staurday morning teleconference support group (see
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/christinegibson/ ).

If you can't find a group before you surgery, I'd be happy to meet with you privately.  If you'd like, you can email me at [email protected].

Amy

juicyprincess
on 2/6/09 1:31 am - Tacoma, WA
thank you amie, i will definately call marissa and see what the deal is. I cant make auburn on Tuesday nights, at least not for a few more months. I did see the summit libraby one and plan on trying to attend that. I would like one at one of the hospitals to be able to get advice from the surgeons offices themselves (oh and s).
thanks agan and let me know the outcomes.
Most Active