THANK YOU!

maxs_mom
on 1/25/09 5:32 am, edited 1/25/09 5:34 am - Auburn, WA

Thank you to everyone who attended yesterday's get together!  I was impressed by the number of participants, the quality of the conversations, and the generosity of so many who brought snacks, gave away protein & supplements, and participated in the clothing swap!  Big thanks to Andrea (Karin/Beetle’s) daughter for babysitting and Karin/Beetle for bringing her photography equipment and taking pictures (I see that some have already updated their avatars with the new pics)!  Thank you to Kim & John for helping set-up the meeting room and Karin, Andrea, and Mr. Beetle for helping with clean up!  I also want to thank those people who came in support of a WLS pre/post-op; as we all know, our success is made easier by having people in our lives that support us!  If a support person accompanied you to the event, please tell them I appreciate their dedication! 

I hosted this meeting…it was OUR meeting…and WE made it a success! 

As for myself, I am grateful to those who gave me new swimsuits (ask and ye shall receive)!  Some fit perfectly and a few will act as good incentives for continuing to make healthy choices!    I also brought home some new clothes/shoes and some protein samples!  My husband enjoyed himself and paid perhaps too much attention to the round table discussion; he actually questioned my daily protein intake on the way home! 

I hope that we're able to meet again in the near future!   I volunteer to help the next host plan, organize, etc!  Who’s next?  I’m ready to pass the baton!

Amy

PS: I ended up bringing home 2 large garbage bags full of clothing that had been left behind.  All of it will be donated* to the Multi-Service Center in Federal Way to add to their clothing bank.  For more information on this organization, please see
http://www.multi-servicecenter.com.

* If you have clothes that survived the swap, please donate them!  Most obese people do not shop for clothing at thrift stores because we know that the likelihood of finding larger sizes is virtually nonexistent.  Please consider donating directly to clothing banks or shelters as this ensures that the clothes go directly to those in need.  Many of banks/shelters, like the Multi-Service Center in Federal Way, especially need larger sized men’s and women’s clothing.

Most Active