Dr. Hawk?!? (Pre-op appointment at Madigan on feb 2nd)

LiveBlondeOrDieTryin
on 1/21/09 1:56 pm - Bremerton, WA
I just scheduled my pre-op appointment for February 2nd at Madigan with Dr. Hawk.  I haven't heard ANY thing about him-- I only know he's new to Madigan. Does anybody know anything about him? I don't even know if he's a he! haha I'm STOKED-- I can't wait

(Lost 16lbs pre-op)             Ba-Bye FAT
jillianD
on 1/21/09 11:20 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I don't know him either.  Lotta new faces running around in general surgery!! 

Good luck and let us know what you think! 
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

daylont
on 1/23/09 6:04 am

I had Gastric bypass 17 years ago and I am wantingto have a revision or conversion done. My primary care doc sent in a referral to Dr Hawk for the 4th of Feb. Do you know anything about him? Is he nice, undestanding ect.. I really want to have this done. I initially lost 107 lbs but have gained back 70 something, My BMI is 37 and I have type II Diabetes, among other things..

LiveBlondeOrDieTryin
on 2/3/09 10:28 am - Bremerton, WA
I just had my appointment with him yesterday. He is great-- VERY nice & not bad on the eyes either haha I actually spelled his name wrong before, it's Dr. Haque.  You'll lucky to have gotten him.

daylont
on 2/3/09 11:09 am
 Thank-you for replying. So he was nice.. Good, I am a little nervous. I just don't know what to think, because I have allready had the bypass and I don't want to feel stupid. I have been doing lots of research, I just don't know if Madigan does revisions. Have they put you through allot of stuff to get approved for your surgery?
LiveBlondeOrDieTryin
on 2/3/09 3:43 pm - Bremerton, WA
Oh I had to go through 5 months of the pathway program before even meeting him-- Nutritionist, healthily living classes, mental health assessment, medical screening, WLS seminar, support groups, radiology test, physical, blood work etc....etc... etc...

He's great-- Don't be worried!

daylont
on 2/3/09 4:03 pm
Hmm, I haven't been asked to do any of that. Primary Care doctor from the Navy Hosital put a consult in and they called me the same day and made the appointment. I do have to say the guy who made the appointment from the surgery department at Madigan wasn't very friendly on the phone. I tried to ask questions and he just kinda shut me down. so.. We will see. I have been doing lots of research.
jillianD
on 2/3/09 11:57 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I know several people who have had revisions at Madigan.  You will still have to follow the pathway, I think the first thing they will have you do though is an upper GI to see what is going on with your pouch.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

daylont
on 2/4/09 4:41 am
I just got back, and you are right, I have to have a Upper GI and CAT Scan. They will be calling me for that. My appointment went great. I didn't see Dr Haque because he was running behind about an hour. I did see one of his attendings and he spoke with Dr. Haque and he is willing to do a revision, but they need toget a look at  my  anatomy to determine what my options would be. I asked about the pathway and seminars and was told No I would not have to go through those. I would have to have blood work to determine my nutritional values. They told me I could do that on the day of the Upper GI. SO... I am excited right now, Hopefully the Upper GI will turn out good so there are options. They told me surgery's are being booked for March right now.
daylont
on 2/4/09 4:48 am
Oh yea, and I asked, They do about 1-2  revisions a month.
Most Active