Boeing Regence Traditional changed requirements

Sheryl R.
on 1/12/09 5:47 am - Buckley, WA

They changed the medically supervised diet requirement from 12 months to 6 months!  I'm on month 6!  Yippee.

Only "obese" now!

jillianD
on 1/12/09 6:34 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Outstanding!!  Really, that is great I can't imagine being on a 12 month supervised diet.  I hope it won't be long till you get a date.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 1/12/09 7:58 am - Bremerton, WA

Yeah!!!!  That is SO exciting!!!  Now you are 6 months closer to the losers bench!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

BackAgain
on 1/17/09 3:54 am - Renton, WA
Hi I'm new at this forum. We moved to the Seattle area about 4 months ago when my spouse got a job with Boeing. We have Group Health Plan - he is a machinist. I looked through the coverage  terms and didn't see anything of this plan offering WLS. I have not been to the doctors at all yet since being up here - I'm hibernating, literally!!

I lived in Los Angeles before coming here and tried to talk to my doctors at Kaiser to do the surgery but they scared me about the risks and said I should keep trying to do it on my own...I was going to persue it when he lost his job and I had no coverage. They said I was not heavy enough even at 236 and a BMI of 39 I think. I also have POLYCYSTIC ovaries, insomnia, high cholesterol. I have gained another 20 pounds since then and know this eating disorder is killing me.
I'm just wondering if Boeing and Group Health will cover this surgery and if anyone here can give me feedback as how to begin this journey, I feel mentally exhausted really.

Thank you.
BackAgain
Most Active