SAT 01/24/2009 WA GET TOGETHER FOR OH MEMBERS

maxs_mom
on 1/17/09 7:04 am, edited 1/17/09 7:04 am - Auburn, WA
Woot Woot !  I'm happy that you'll be able to attend!  We can sing you "Happy Birthday"!

Amy

S.A.R.A.
on 1/18/09 11:06 am - Tacoma, WA

I am going to attend... I am Pre-Op RYN with Dr. Srikanth. Another patient of his told me about this site and that you were all getting together in Sat. It's great that I can bring my kiddies, I have been looking for a support network to help with this huge new adventure that I am about to begin. I am just completing my 6 month Dr. supervised diet and on the 22nd all of my paperwork gets sent off to Cigna for surgery approval. I am so nervous and excited. See you all in a week!!

S.A.R.A.
~M

~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

tootsasue
on 1/18/09 2:08 pm
I am plannig to attend.  Is it ok for my husband to come along?  I am preop, waiting for insurance approval .
I have some clothes that I just don't wear.  I do have a couple size 24 swim suits.  They are in great shape. 
Thanks in advance.
Connie
maxs_mom
on 1/18/09 2:22 pm - Auburn, WA
I'm very happy that y'all are planning to attend.  Spouses are welcome!  Childcare will be provided.  Here's the info from the flyer that I've been distributing.  Amy

OBESITYHELP.COM WASHINGTON FORUM

WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY GET-TOGETHER

SATURDAY 01/24/2008 2:00 – 4:00 PM

ISSAQUAH LIBRARY MEETING ROOM

1)   All Procedures Welcome.  Pre-Op’s Welcome.  Support (spouse, partner, friends) Welcome.

2)   Healthy Snack Potluck:  Please bring a snack that can be shared by the group.  The only requirement is that each "dish" be accompanied by a recipe or list of ingredients and includes  nutritional information (protein/fat/sugar/calorie content) so that every person, regardless of WLS procedure, can make an informed decision as to whether or not to eat the snack. Beverages will be provided.

3)   Protein Shake Swap:  Got a great tasting shake that you think others should try?  Bring 10 servings, each in an individual baggie with nutritional information, to swap with others.  A blender and cups will be available so that shakes can be tasted at the meeting.

4)    Clothing Swap:  Is your closet too full of clothes that you can no longer wear because you've lost weight?  Are you near the end of your ability to "shop in your own closet" for smaller sizes?  Does the idea of spending money on clothes that you'll only be able to wear for a few weeks or months just turn your stomach?  Bring your now too big clothes (please make sure they are clean and in good shape) to the swap (no underwear, please - but bras and swimwear welcome).  You'll be helping someone else and in all likelihood find a few "new" outfits for yourself.

5)   Product Giveaway: Did you buy a canister of that new protein shake that everyone raved was so delicious and discover it made you gag?  How about chewable vitamins that you found unpalatable?  Are you stuck with a whole lot of baby spoons, sippee cups, etc. that you want to give away?  Bring them to the meeting!  One person's junk is another person's treasure!

6)   Door Prizes: Like they say, you have to be present to win!

For additional information, please contact:

Amy Maurer (VSG 11/19/2008 performed by Dr.Srikanth)

obesityhelp.com username: maxs_mom

Phone: (253) 951-1999

Email: [email protected]

auntie-boopee
on 1/19/09 12:13 am - Silverdale, WA
Amy....thanks so much for organizing this.  I will be there and looking forward to meeting a bunch of new people.  I facilitate one of the support group meetings at the Naval Hospital Bremerton, so I will pass this info on to my group at Tuesday's group meeting. 

Looking forward to seeing you all soon...
Karen
hugs and kisses, Karen

highest/pre-op/current/goal
298/274/179/165
kittykatzmom
on 1/21/09 9:00 am - Mason co., WA
I would love to attend but have no transportation. enjoy all and have a great time.

~Cindy~

maxs_mom
on 1/21/09 11:11 am - Auburn, WA
I wish you could be there, too!  I'm expecting that we'll have a grand time!

One of my hopes is that coming out of this gathering, we'll have plans or at least ideas for the next one!  I'd like to see round-robin type of meeting style evolve where once monthly or every few months a different person assumes responsibility for hosting a get together!  I'd love it if these gatherings took place at locations through-out the state!

Amy

Most Active