Last appt. with Meg

Momof2ArmyBrats
on 1/10/09 5:20 am
So I had my last appointment with Meg on Friday for the pathway. She gave me packet to take to the surgery clinic and when I got there the guy at the desk said that I would have to wait until Feb. because they are all booked up for the month of Jan....ughhh He said that I could call the appt. line everyday and see if there has been any cancellations. I feel like I am so close yet so far away from having it done. When I spoke with Meg she said that Dr. Bleekly told her that they are scheduling surgery 2 months out so if you have an appt in Jan your surgery wouldn't be until March.  But hey I guess thats the Army for you hurry up and wait..LOL.
Anna

Shelley S.
on 1/10/09 7:41 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Sorry about your delay Anna, but just think, you are that much closer than you were right? And take the guy's advice, call every day because it really can work.  I do know with Sebesta gone that is putting extra work load on the other surgeons but you just never know.  Hang in there hun!!!

rebeccaford
on 1/10/09 12:22 pm - Honolulu, HI
Back in 2002/2003, the Ft Lewis waiting list was 18 months - one of the reasons I got referred out.  I know it seems like forever, but you have time to lose some weight and to get as healthy as you can before the surgery. 

Becca
jillianD
on 1/11/09 2:02 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Do keep calling, there are cancellations and you never know when you might get in!!  Take this time to keep going to group, even if you don't ask any questions I always learn something. 

Now to is a good time to practice your life style post op.  Slow down your eating, wait 30 min after you eat before you drink, and chew chew chew.  I did these things and lost 10 lbs before surgery.

Also I think the calandar opens around the 15th?  Not sure...
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active