Did you have plastics at Madigan? Or elsewhere in Tacoma?

Fran575
on 1/8/09 11:18 am, edited 1/8/09 11:20 am - Tacoma, WA
Has anyone here had plastic surgery at Madigan? If so, what did you have done and are you pleased with the results? How was your overall experience?
I am starting to think about mine even though I am only 8 1/2 months out. But I am awfully close to my goal weight and think I should be either pricing plastics through civilian providers or making an appt to see my surgeon to discuss this.
If you didn't have them done at Madigan is there someone in the Tacoma area you would recommend I check out?
Thanks,

jillianD
on 1/8/09 10:56 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hey there Fran, you are doing wonderful!!  I haven't had plastics done yet but I do have a consult with plasics about getting a Breast reduction on Feb 3rd.  I would bring it up when you see dr Carter at you next appt.  Madigan usually wants you to be 1 yr out and at a stable weight before they will fix things like your tummy skin.  Several people that come to thursday nights support group have had plastic surgery.  You should come and check it out!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 1/9/09 12:00 am - Ft Lewis, WA
FRAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hi there lady, I've been missing you girl!!!  Look at how wonderful you are doing, I'm so proud of you!!

I've seen quite a few of the works from Madigan and all I can say is I can't wait until it's my turn.  Some are getting more than just panni removal these days so I would for sure talk to your doc when you see him and see what he thinks you need done and they will get you hooked up.

I talked to my surgeon on my 6 month check up because I was concerned my "spare tire" area would never deflate like my "apron" has, but he assured me I was doing just fine and even talked to me about when it's time, he will do an anchor cut on my because of my spare tire area and even said he can do a mons lift because I have a lot of puffy loose skin, um, well down there  lol.

So anyway, YES, talk to Madigan first about your plastics, no reason to pay for something you will most likely be able to get done there.

Keep in touch girl!!

Fran575
on 1/9/09 8:32 pm - Tacoma, WA
Thanks Shelley,
I have been lurking daily on all the boards here, but rarely post anything.
I keep looking for updates on your personal page, but apparently the "new you" is too busy to keep it updated.
I hope you are doing well and enjoying the "skinny Shelley".
What a ride this has been!

Shelley S.
on 1/9/09 11:25 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Oh yes girl, I have been bad about keeping my blog updated.  I did update just a few days ago and also have some pics of my favorite drinks and protein bars I'm about to add.  But all in all, I have been enjoying life pain free.  I agree, what a ride!!!

Most Active