Panni removal at Madigan

justmee
on 1/7/09 12:19 am - WA
VSG on 06/23/08 with

Hello, I just had my 6 month post op yesterday. Since Dr. Sebesta is currently gone, I saw a different Dr. He said my labs looked fantastic and my weight loss was right on track for VSG with only 15-20 to go to my goal weight. Yea me!! :-) 

We talked about panni removal. I have a lot of skin there and it is starting to become an issue. Batwings and melting legs I can deal with (at for least for now) but this tummy skin is driving me crazy! Dr said they had been referring to Plastics but that they have a huge backlog now so General Surg is starting to pick them back up again. Dr agrees that panni removal is my next step and put my name on "his" list. 

What happens from here? I was so excited that I didn't ask many questions! Will I just get a call when my name comes up? He warned me that they only do a couple a month and that there are about 10 in front of me, so I know I'm looking at about 6 months.

Anyone have advice on how the process works? 

Thanks!

Allison 

heyheyhey
on 1/7/09 2:04 am - WA
Congrats on the wieghtloss!!!  Which doc did you see?  As for batwings and melting legs, I feel your pain.  I cannot wait until I get my tummy tuck.  I know when my husband had surgery, they just called him the next open slot they had, but that was for a different type of surgery.  So I am no help!
justmee
on 1/7/09 3:42 am - WA
VSG on 06/23/08 with

I saw Dr. Beekley. 

I am figuring they will just call when an open slot comes up with my name on it. :-)

I will be so excited to get rid of this tummy, it is driving me crazy. Nothing like having to tuck your tummy into your jeans. LOL 

jillianD
on 1/7/09 1:53 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
No idea here, I was wondering how you like Beekly?  Sebesta was my doc too, but I am to see Beekly at my 1 year follow upthis month.

I do know most of the time they want you to wait till you are a year out, and make sure your protein#'s are good. 

Good luck!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

justmee
on 1/7/09 2:27 pm - WA
VSG on 06/23/08 with
Beekley was very straight forward and soft spoken. He strikes me as very nice. I miss Sebesta though. :-( Yes, Beekley said they usually want post-ops a year out and stabilized at their goal weight for a couple months. But since I am only 15 - 20 away from goal, losing at a good clip for VSG, and my protein levels are great, he put me on his panni removal list. Thinking on it was that it is at least 6 months out so I will be at goal and holding there for a couple months by the time my number comes up. I like how he thinks. :-)
Most Active