Minnesota WLS Patient in Seattle

Alan S.
on 1/5/09 2:26 pm - Saint Michael, MN
Greetings!  I wanted to introduce myself to the Washgington State OH Forum!  My name is Alan.  I live in Minneapolis, but I work in Seattle (Bothell, to be more specific).  Although I do go to a support group that meets in Minnesota, I will only be getting back about every other weekend for the next few months.  I wanted to find out if I could hook up with a support group that meets for coffee in the Everett / Bothell / Kirkland area. 

A little about my WLS:  I am almost two months post-op.  I had a RNY procedure done at Park Nicollet Methodist hospital in St. Louis Park, MN.  Thankfully, I have had no major complications and I am happy with my progress.  I am even happier with the help and support I have received from all of the wonderful members on OH.com!

Thanks in advance for your help! 

-Alan

jillianD
on 1/5/09 11:17 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Welcome Alan!!  I live quite a bit farther south so I am not aware of any meetings farther north.  I just wanted to welcome you to the Wa board!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 1/6/09 3:33 am - Bremerton, WA
Welcome Alan....

I know there are support groups in Edmonds (at Stevens Hospital) and maybe Overlake (in bellevue).... but I ususally don't venture that far east or north on a regular basis.

Also... if you are in town... we are a Washington OH gathering in Issaquah on Saturday Jan 24 (I think... can someone comfirm the date).

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

maxs_mom
on 1/7/09 9:03 pm - Auburn, WA
Yes, the WA OH Get-Together will be on Jan 24th in the meeting room at the Issaquah Library from 2-4 PM.  Sorry to have slacked a bit in the past few weeks - ongoing medical issues (non-surgery related) have kept me fairly busy (either at doctor appointments or passed out from medication). By tomorrow at the latest, I'll be posting more detailed information about the event!

Amy

Most Active