Prayers for Foo

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/09 5:37 pm
 don't know how much my friends imursolem8 or foo have posted but, we all have had lap band. Foo was banded on Dec. 23, 2008. Made the mistake of eatting a bite of something around Dec. 28, 2008. Was Scoped on Dec. 31, 2008. Her bowels shut down at that point and they admitted her to the hospital yesterday to break up the gas bubble and pump her stomache where everything collected. I just got a call that they are moving her to ICU because her O2 is down. Please pray for her recovery, and for the guidence of the MD's that are taking care of her.

She is a wonderful person and pray that you will all get to know her after this "scare" is over.

Thank you-
Jo
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/09 5:53 pm
Please pray, I don't know what for or why but, they are sending her back to surgery. Please pray.... thank you.

Jo
Dapme
on 1/4/09 1:26 am - kingwood, TX
I hope everything went ok for your friend.
Please keep us posted!

Denise
Helen_Anne
on 1/4/09 1:30 am - Bremerton, WA
Thanks for letting us know... I will keep Foo in my prayers... its always so scary when there are any complications after WLS.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/09 2:09 am
Thank you for the prayers please continue to pray, they went in and found massive infection around the band, Probably from pulling stitches out when she ate the bite. They cleaned out all infection, took the band out, and left her open to heal. She has 4 drain tubes, is on a respirator, and many many other tubes and wires. She is in ICU and will be there from 5-7 days and then another 7 days on the Med/Surg floor. She is heavily sedated right now to keep her quiet and the respirator in.

She is in for a long recovery and in the end for nothing, her band that she was so excited about is gone. The surgeon said maybe in the future she would be a canidate for full open gastric by pass but, only time will tell at this point. He said the next 24-48 hours are the critical ones.

Thank you for the prayers. If any of you out there are on liquid diet.... or mushies.... please don't cheat.... it is very scary.

Thanks again-
Jo
jillianD
on 1/4/09 2:15 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Wow that is very scary, I will keep her in my thoughts.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 1/4/09 3:17 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Very scary stuff, and sorry to hear she's going through this.  She'll be in my thoughts and keep us updated when you can.

Hislady
on 1/4/09 7:21 am - Vancouver, WA
My goodness that's terrible, the band is usually such a simple procedure with minor complications if any. Sounds like maybe something was going on with her system before she was banded and they didn't know it. At any rate that really doesn't matter at this point, all that's important is that they fix the situation now. I've prayed that the doctors will be guided in how to best treat her and that she will regain her strength and have a full recovery. She is very fortunate to have a friend like you. Please keep us updated as to her condition!
jcheryld
on 1/4/09 11:02 am
I'll definitely say a prayer for her.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

lizzybear
on 1/4/09 1:44 pm - Olympia, WA
My thoughts and prayers are with her and with you - hang in there!!! 

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active