VM support meeting

Nicki H.
on 1/2/09 1:46 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Just in case you all didn't know....I got an e-mail of this next support meeting for us bandsters:)

We do have a support group for patients who have had Lap band surgery
at Virginia Mason that meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month from 6-8pm
in our Federal Way clinic.  They meet in the Ambulatory Surgery Center
lobby.  You can contact our Federal Way clinic for more information at
253-874-1604.  Their address is 33501 1st Way South, Federal Way, WA

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Helen_Anne
on 1/2/09 10:54 am - Bremerton, WA
If you have never been to the VM Federal Way Clinic...  the best place to park is behind the clinic at the north end of the building (if you are looking at the building... its the at the right end of the building).  Enter in the ASC back door.  There are signs to guide you in the building.  The main  clinic doors are locked at 7pm... and the WLS meeting is over at 8pm... so the only door you can leave by is the back door.

The meetings are run by Kat Redmon...Dr Hunters PA.  She is VERY knowledgable about weight
loss surgery.  She does most of the fills for Dr Hunter's lap band patients. She also runs the other FW WLS support group on the 4th weds of the month.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Nicki H.
on 1/3/09 12:30 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Thanks a lot!  I am just excited to have found a Lap Band support group.  The joint groups are helpful too, but there are so many things that are specific to each WLS...

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Most Active