"Fat Friendly" Chiropractors and/or Massage Therapists

maxs_mom
on 12/29/08 12:13 pm - Auburn, WA

Can anyone recommend a fat friendly massge therapist or chiropractor?  I've been in constant pain for several days.  I do have mild scioliosis but it's been asymptomatic sibce childhood.  I can barely move....and about to cry.  I am willling to travel as far South as Tacoma, East to Issaquah or North to Redmond...just please, help me by suggesting some names!

Amy

Nicki H.
on 12/30/08 3:59 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
I go to THE MOST compasionate chiro around.  Two brothers who are very yummy eye candy.  They are on Kent East Hill across from Fred Meyer.  Babich Chiropractic...don't let everyones prettiness shy you away, they truly are great people!  I have been going there for like 8yrs.  Their # is 253-859-5433.  They also have massage there, but have never used their current people

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Starting Over
on 12/30/08 6:08 am
I have a friend who works at HALEY Chiropractic in Tacoma. They also have a massage therapist there. While I haven't personally been seen there, I have heard good things.
My sis-in-law is also a massage therapist. I'll check with her and see if the chiropractors that she works with are large patient friendly.
Amy R.
on 12/30/08 1:05 pm
Hi Amy,

I love my chiropractor, but he is up 512 from us, in the Canyon Road area - so don't know if youi trip would be too long.  I'm telling you, though,  both the chiro care and the massages are magnificent.    They work with a lot of overweight people and I have always  had no problems there what so ever.   If you are in a lot of pain, many times they will get you in that same day!

Oh, almost forgot, the name is RODY CHIROPRACTIC.  Don't have the number with me right now but if you use www.uswestdex.com  you can find him really easily.

Best of Luck to you,  back pain is so awful.

amy
vitalady
on 1/2/09 9:05 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
How about next door to Puyallup?

Right behind the SH mall, my guy Robert. He's been doing this forEVER and he doesn't "tickle", he works it.
253-770-6658
The Massage Guy & Assoc.

My Chiro is ultra nice (easy on the eyes) and one exit further W off Canyon Rd. Robert Wagner, 253-537-6000
Chase Chiropractic Center

I've been seeing these guys for more than 10 yrs. I spent LOTS of money after my ins benefits ran out on my PT for my (broken) arm and still had very limited mobility. Dr. Bob helped break it free and Robert got it moving in a few appts. I paid Robert (ins covers Dr. Bob), but I also paid for PT, and Robert got me MUCH more mobility. He doesn't even mind when I scream.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

juicyprincess
on 1/2/09 9:36 am - Tacoma, WA
Renee Escobar in Tacoma (she is also an instructor and had done wls pts too) for massage. my chiro is robert stalder in tacoma at st joe campus, great adjustments!!! Do you need someone specifically in obesity...whats the deal with that??
Clara B.
on 1/7/09 2:18 am - Washington, DC
VSG on 11/25/08 with
Jude Ulmschneider - 206-440-5333. Very reasonable rates, very good at what she does, and I've known her for years. I wish you were here - I'd introduce you to my Chinese massage therapist who is amazing!
Most Active