DR OH

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 8:44 am - .., WA
I see that DR OH in WA does the switch. Any opinions on DR OH?

Thanks
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 12/26/08 8:50 am - WA
Dr. OH did my RNY He is the best!!! 
Cindy E.
on 12/27/08 8:49 am - Edmonds, WA
Ditto what Merrilou said!
150 # Lost

Mola
on 12/27/08 4:25 pm - WA
Dr. Oh did my DS. Awesome surgeon.

Wag more, bark less.

javakritter
on 12/28/08 1:54 am

yes, I started with Dr. OH and was horribly unsatisfied and switched to Dr. Hunter.  Dr. OH spends very little time with you, he treated me like I was part of an assembly line he had in the waiting room and has completely unrealistic ideas of how one should live their life after surgery.  I had my switch to get my life back, not have someone take part of it.  His philosophy on food is so ridged that you loose the joy that comes from family and friends getting together.  He also takes out your gullbladder w/o informing you until quit late.  Go see him, but listen to your instincts.  If they are saying something is wrong, get out.

Jody

Amy R.
on 12/28/08 4:52 am
Hi, I didn't have Dr Oh or the DS, but wanted you to know you can check some of his references right here on OH.  Go up to towards the top of the screen and click on "browse bariatric surgeons".  That  will bring up most of the bariatric surgeons in WA.  Then just click on Dr. Oh and their will be an option that will allow you to look at feedback about him.

This is one of the ways I researched my Doc, Dr. Srikanth, and I have been really happy with him.  (He is right near St Francis like Dr. Oh, and he also does the DS).

best,
amy
PinkFlamingoes
on 12/28/08 8:58 am - Buckley, WA
Dr. Oh doesn't have a warm & fuzzy bedside mannner . But , I never felt hurried . He takes compliance very seriously . That's why his mortality stats are so good . He's an excellent surgeon .

Debbie P.
on 12/28/08 9:43 pm - Cosmopolis, WA
Undoubtedly, Dr. Oh is an excellent surgeon. I would not feel safer with anyone else. For follow up care, I am considering changing doctors simply because of the lack of information provided during this process. It is frustrating to wait for an hour for your appointment time then have your appointment last 10 minutes maybe. This is the way it works with him... you tell him your symptoms, he says do this, if you ask why or oppose you are given a sarcastic or extreme response such as "Do it or ....". I guess that is the bedside manner reference in previous post. My co-worker went to Virginia Mason for hers and has had very thorough care.
      Started 274 / Current 154 / Goal 160       
Most Active