new here

val_aiken
on 12/20/08 8:14 am - Port Angeles, WA
Hi, My name is Val, I moved to Port Angeles, WA from South Carolina in July.  I had my 3 month supervised diet program done and was ready to schedule lap band when my husband was transfered so I have to start over with new insurance. 
Can anyone recommend Drs, hospitals etc.  How does Aetna handled WLS?  Is there a support group in the area?
Val
Helen_Anne
on 12/20/08 9:12 am - Bremerton, WA
Welcome to Washington Val!

I am not sure about Aetna and WLS.... I have Premara.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

val_aiken
on 12/20/08 10:28 am - Port Angeles, WA
Thank you!  We are enjoying the snow for now.  Spoke with my son who is still in South Carolina and it was 80 degrees today.  What hospital did you use?
v
jcheryld
on 12/20/08 11:54 am
Welcome Val! I hope you are enjoying our atypical winter weather! I don't know anything about Aetna insurance, sorry! My insurance required me to choose from 4 Bariatric Centers of Excellence (University of Washington, Virginia Mason, Sacred Heart {Spokane}, and Good Sam Portland), so I chose Virginia Mason to have my surgery at... in TEN days!!! There are other Bariatric Centers of Excellence in Washington, so you have many to choose from!

Looking forward to seeing more of you around the boards!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Hislady
on 12/20/08 3:47 pm - Vancouver, WA
Welcome and I'm so jealous, I love Port Angeles, used to have relatives there and always loved going there. It's one of the most beautiful places on earth, where else can you be in the mountains and hour later enjoying the ocean. Hope you get to sight see as there are a gazillion great things to see!
Anyway the first place to start is with the insurance company, they should be able to send you a written list of what they require for surgery such as diets and tests. Call and ask them if your previous 3 mo. diet would count it sometimes does if it's been within the last year. Most important is to make sure they cover WLS! It completely depends on what coverage the employer chooses. Best of luck and hope to see you post often. We're always glad to help and you should come on over to the lap band board for all kinds of info and more support.
Amy R.
on 12/20/08 9:44 pm
Hi Val, welcome.

I think there is an option on this site that says something like "find a bariatric surgeon" and/or "find a hospital" so you might want to look for that.

best of luck to  you,
amy
jillianD
on 12/21/08 4:49 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi Val, welcome to Washington! 
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelly W.
on 12/21/08 12:07 pm - Sumner, WA
Hi Val,

Can't really help you with the question about Aetna.  I think Dr. Srikanth is great.  I'm not as fond of St. Francis though.

I love the Port Angeles area.  My mom lived in Sequim for many years and I miss visiting the area.
--Shelly

PinkFlamingoes
on 12/21/08 12:57 pm - Buckley, WA
Welcome Val . Port Angelas is a great place . Supposedly I learned to walk there . My dad was stationed at the Coast Guard Station , there . In the summer , you'll have to take the ferry to Victoria . It is so charming . I'm afraid i'm no help with your situation . I was self pay , with Dr. OH , at St. Francis , in Federal Way . Keep us posted . You moved here in July from N. Carolina , & my best friend moved to Georgia in June . Big change , eh ? 8-9 months of the year i wouldn't live anywhere else . Right now i'm not happy to be here . lol . Kathy

Most Active