jillianD
on 12/21/08 4:41 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Good luck with your surgery!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 12/21/08 1:14 pm - Buckley, WA
Congrats on your surgery , tomorrow . I wrote on your support page . Kathy

Karen F.
on 12/21/08 3:33 am - Renton, WA
I LOVE the snow--everything looks so neat and clean and bright and shiny.  But I hate being in parts that don't know--or don't have the equipment/budegeted money--how to plow the streets, sand them, etc., so people can get around.  I grew up and lived in Montana till I was 36, and that's what I'm used to.  Plus here so many people don't know how to drive in the snow/ice, so that makes it scary.  

Right now I'm totally dependent on other people driving me around because I had a right total knee replacement on 11/24 and I still can't drive (too painful getting out of the car!), and that really sucks because my friend who is here to drive me to places is a very timid driver so I'm trapped inside the house anyway!

At least so far the terrible storm predicted last night hasn't happened, at least in our area.  I guess I should turn on the TV and see what's going on past the 200 yards around our house.
jillianD
on 12/21/08 4:46 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
It wasn't too bad down here either.  We got about 6 inches at my house, ( I have had a total of about 14 now) I was worried about people loosing power so I ended up having a big sleep over party at my house.  We had a great time.  We did end up having some freezing rain about midnight, lots of people getting stuck and sliding into the ditches.

BTW Karen I am from MT too so I know what you mean about the plows and stuff here.  Not enough of them to do the job.

Shelly W.
on 12/21/08 12:02 pm - Sumner, WA
Hi Karen,

I lived in MT for a while.  Where are you from?  I lived in Missoula and Clinton.  I love Montana.
--Shelly

Shelly W.
on 12/21/08 12:05 pm - Sumner, WA
Hi Jillian,

Sorry the snow is being such a pain.  I still had some christmas shopping to finish too.  Now we just need to have the snow clear out by Tuesday.  My daughter and her hubby are moving back to the area from Portland.  We have to run down and help them haul everything up.  Would not like to do it in the snow.

I saw your post about living in Montana.  I used to live there too.  Whereabouts are you from?  I miss the Missoula area.  It was a nice place to live. 

Although I'll have to say, I'm very happy in Sumner.  I love this town.
--Shelly

jillianD
on 12/21/08 11:31 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I grew up in Lolo and Butte, went to collage in Missoula!  I miss it terribly at times, but Washington is great too!

Go Griz!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 12/21/08 1:08 pm - Buckley, WA
I'm a big wuss in the snow & ice . Luckily , I work in the same town I live in . But , they don't maintain the roads & there are deep ditches on the way to work . Thank goodness this doesn't happen often . I shoveled through a drift this afternoon , making my tummy sore & it has snowed so much ,you can't see where I shoveled . Last week was my 1st week back after my TT , & I was blessed with this weather . I ended up calling in twice , which I can't afford . OK , i'm done whining . Lol .

jillianD
on 12/21/08 11:33 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ohhh careful of your poor tummy Kathy!!  I wish you lived closer I would send my teenager over to shovel for you!

PinkFlamingoes
on 12/22/08 1:27 pm - Buckley, WA
I had to shovel again tonight . My tummy's pretty tight (swollen) right now . I posted pictures , tonight . Pre- & post TT . Pretty shocking side by side . lol . I could have made Christopher do it , but then I would have done it anyway , after torturing him . lol .

Most Active