I hate SNOW!!! ( Whats your beef?)

jillianD
on 12/20/08 12:32 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I'm cold and its a total pain in the ass to go anywhere!!  Plus I had plans to go out tonight, like a real grown up....  Wahhh!!
More snow is on the way  UGH!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Jen G.
on 12/20/08 12:39 am - Sauk Centre, MN
I love it, but that's just me. It's actually snowing right now and we have a repeat of last weekend: Blizzard! Suppose to get 3-4 inches today and another 6-8 tomorrow. All I say is BRING IT ON! LOL I want to go snowmobiling! Hope you're staying warm!
Real friends are those who, when you feel you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel you've done a permanent job.

jillianD
on 12/20/08 12:43 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Well if I had somethin fun to do like snowmobiling I might like it more!  I am really just pissed because I really wanted to go out tonight and get a little crazy.  Plus I'm thinking about how the heck I am gonna get to work on monday, were supposed to get another 6-12 in tonight, eww....

As far a warm?  I'm freezin what is left of my butt off...  down 137lbs. 
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 12/20/08 2:03 am - Bremerton, WA
Jill...

I hate the snow too!!!  I am stuck at home... but at least I was able to work from home on friday...

I am little fearfull about the snow predictions for tonight... I hope our power does not go out... that would really suck!  But I am getting some sewing done today... so that is a good thing.  So I guess I will be sewing and watching Christmas movies!

Be safe everyone!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Hislady
on 12/20/08 3:52 am - Vancouver, WA
I'm afraid I'm another snow lover but I DON'T go out in it. I fell a few years back and broke my leg on an icy step so I just sit inside and watch it. We live out in the country and on a hillside so we're used to it when it happens and are already prepared with a kerosene heater and food stocked up. Hubby just mushed his way to town to make sure we have all the batteries we need plus he has a solar powered generator just in case. I just hate when we lose power tho or get too much snow on the satelite dish then no 'puter.Well everyone stay warm and try to enjoy the beauty of the snow. At least we're all in the same boat!
Nicki H.
on 12/20/08 4:34 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
 I don't mind the snow when I don't have to go anywhere in it. Thursday night I ended up staying the night at work.  Today I am back after going home last night.  I am going home today after work and just going to pray I get back in the morning.  I am the only one here today that can run our clinic, so it would be really bad if we couldn't open.  I am in Seattle on Pill Hill one would think that the roads would have been sanded.  They aren't coming up here.  They have sanded Boren, I think that may be about it....I just hope that tonights storm isn't as bad as they think it's going to be.  Good luck everyone and those that are going to play in it, have fun and be safe!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

nean
on 12/20/08 5:50 am - Tacoma, WA
I feel better since this morning I bought a kerosene heater! Now I need to put the plastic up on the windows. Somehow I missed that and there is a draft through our house like nobodies business!!! So if the power goes out (my CPAP won't work) we had the potential of getting REALLY cold.

I like the look of the snow, and I have experience driving in it, so I don't mind too much. It's the crazy people gripping their wheel and grimacing through the window going about 5 miles an hour that I hate.. Almost as much as the fourwheel drive crotch jockeys who seem to think they have 4W braking as well.

Enjoy the blizzard - hopefully it won't be as bad as they say.

"be willing to sit in the middle of the fear and fucking feel it." Lady Raven
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender
VSG 12/9/08  Highest 278, then lost #30 preop Goal 126 

jcheryld
on 12/20/08 11:47 am
I'm not a super snow fan either! Give me summer anyday... mojitos, short shorts, and sprinkler fun!   It is fun playing in snow with my doggie, but folks don't know how to drive in the snow 'round these parts' so its better that I stay home where I'm safe. I had a holiday party to go to this evening that was rescheduled for next month, so I guess I'm not missing out tonight. I hope I can make it in to church tomorrow!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

seattledeb
on 12/20/08 3:53 pm

I would love it if I wasn't a nurse and HAD to get out and drive in. I made it to work but it was a little challenging.

My son has been enjoying sledding around lincoln park.

My surgery is scheduled for monday..I have to be a VM at 0630-hopefully all the folks working in the OR will get to work that day!

Nicki H.
on 12/21/08 1:50 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
I totally agree!  I am a nurse and there is not an option of getting to work or going home if it snows.  I stayed over night Thursday night then again last night  Then a noc nurse called in so I have been working since 1am.....till sometime this afternoon.  Good thing I love what I do:)  Good luck on your surgery tomorrow.  I work across from VM...I'll be thinkin of ya.

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Most Active