little over 7 weeks out from RNY

sunnyinseattle1
on 12/18/08 6:38 am
Hi all. I am a littleover 7 weeks out from my RNY. I had a rough time in the beginning, but I am learning.Learning not to eat anything sticky, chew enough, and drink loads of water. I was updated to the advanced diet(stage #3) on last monday. I have been doing good I think. I am trying to get all my protein in with food. I dont think I am doing so well. I think I am getting about 30-35 grams a gram. So today my hubs and I went to Costco and purchased some Whey Protein powder to try out. I am very picky when it comes to food and drinks, even before surgery, so I am going to at least try it, and see if my little tummy will tolerate it. Does anyone know of protein powder that comes lactose -free, low to no-sugar and can be mixed with water or juice????

(I am not dropping alot of weight. I think it could be from the protein shortage, HELP?)

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

Amy R.
on 12/18/08 9:58 am
www.vitalady.com has all different kinds of protein powder and you can get lactose free (I think).  Most of their proteins are also low to no sugar and can definately be mixed with water - that's how I mix mine, I don't know about juice.

They have relatively cheap samples of most of the proteins they carry; if you go to their store in Puyallup they will mix up most anything you want to try and give you a sample to taste right there.

Since you are in Federal Way, it might be worth the trip. You'll avoid S/H fees AND you can try some stuff while you're there.  Unfortunately in this weather the drive might be a little ifffy, since they are on the South Hill of Puyallup, but when the weather lets up it would probably definately be worth your time.  There is also an email addy on their website and they are really good at responding quickly to questions.

Good luck to you,
amy
sunnyinseattle1
on 12/25/08 2:18 am
Hi Amy,

I checked out vitalady and enjoyhealth. I couldnt find anything that I liked. Most of there protein powers had milk protein in them. I am lactose intolerant. I ordered from SmartForm. I got stuff that was geared towards people with milk drinking issues. Thanks for he info.

Sunny

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

Starting Over
on 12/30/08 6:03 am
Hey Sunny!
I'm not positive, but the fruit flavored Nectar protein powders might not have lactose. Check 'em out. They're gooooooooood
Most Active