What are some of your most surprising things about your weight loss

Helen_Anne
on 12/16/08 8:50 am - Bremerton, WA

I was thinking about this today...

For me...  here is my list....

1) smaller feet... I may get back to size 10 that I was in high school... but now I need to find new homes for my size 11.5's Dansko's.

2) I will wear tops that end just below my waist... before surgery... all tops needed to hit around my hips... It helps that my tummy can get "flat-ish" with Spanx!

3) That after  2 or 3 bites... and I am DONE with foods that are higher in sugar.  The bites I do take... I savor... and love every second of... but then... I'm done!  This one is still a real mystery to me... I LOVED sugar!!

So how about you.... what are some of your surprises???

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Beetle
on 12/16/08 9:02 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
That my hands were the first places to lose so much weight that I am having a hard time with my rings.

That I can eat and eat and eat. I have to force myself to stop because there doesn't seem to be any restriction - it goes in one end and falls out the bottom and I could keep going  :-(

That I have no food issues at all, no dumping, no problems, no changed tastebuds, no changed preferences. The only change is gas pains.

That I can stand with my hands clasped behind my back and actually be comfortable doing it!

That so many problems disappeared so very quickly - the diabetes is gone, the blood pressure is nearly perfect, the heart palpitations and restless legs are gone, so is the shortness of breath over simple things like a few steps.

I do hope my willpower holds out through all the slow losing - the results are so wonderful, I need to keep this up for another 80 lbs.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

scott54
on 12/16/08 10:11 am - McKenna, WA
RNY on 09/24/08 with

I'd have to say my feet shrinking was a big surprise.

How fast the edema is my lower legs went away was a pleasant surprise.

I can't eat eggs or rice - I don't miss the rice but I do miss the eggs.

I can put my leg on my knee again without having to pull them up by the cuff of my pants - I wasn't expecting that.

Those are just a few things that come to mind.

Scott

-kimber-
on 12/17/08 12:19 am - Burlington, WA
Shrinking Feet.. No longer Wide Width

I look down and See my Breast and not my belly first.. hehehe

I can cross my legs

Walking is easier and not so difficult. I can shop longer with out so much difficulty and pain.

I am the Incredible Shrinking women! heheh

I am blessed..

Kimber

Highest 418 lbs 12/04/2007- Surgery 336 lbs 11/11/08 -Goal Weight 180 lbs
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 12/17/08 1:10 am - WA
Looking at my reflection in the glass doors as I went into the mall and woundering who it was!!
Kathers
on 12/21/08 11:16 am - Bremerton, WA
Well there have been a few so far...
-shoes are looser
-people calling me "SKINNY"
-that I have been very brave to try foods even if I get sick.
-how quick I had to find a new home for my "big"clothes
-I dont like drinking plain water unless its ice cold.

Good Question Helen. Soon I will get a picture on here so I wont be a stalker..haha.
Happy Holidays to all!
jillianD
on 12/22/08 10:04 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
How much I don't miss food!  I have switched over to eating to live, not living to eat.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 12/22/08 11:53 pm - Bremerton, WA
Jill...

While I am never hungery.... I still struggle with head hunger.... when did stop missing food... and switched to living to eat???

During my last stall... head hunger just about killed me... I was so fustrated with no weightloss... all food looked so good! 

I am feelling a little stir crazy... since I have not left the house for a couple of days... but today is my last day of wor****il January.. I am grateful that I can work from home.

It looks like this will be the first year that it will be just my husband and I for Christmas eve and Christmas... I am actually Ok with that... since I don't have any candy, cookies or other christmas treats in the house.  I think it may be time to start some new Christmas traditions that do not involve food!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

jillianD
on 12/23/08 6:07 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I noticed it a few months ago, I log pretty regularly what I eat and noticed I am pretty much eating the same things every day.  Just don't care what I eat as long as it fits into my #'s. There are times when I literally have to sit down and make myself eat.

Weird huh? 

For me nothing is off limits, I have learned over the years the minute I can't have something, that is all I want.  Now if I decide I want something I get it and then most of the time forget that it is there. Or I have a bite and then I find I never really wanted it in the first place.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

OldMedic
on 12/30/08 2:39 am - Alvaton, KY
How fast my waist, etc. has gone down in size.  I am already more than 11 inches smaller around the waist, in 3 months!

My feet are shrinking and I didn't really expect that to happen.  I'm going to need new shoes soon.

How MUCH BETTER I feel, especially when walking.  I expected some change, but not this rapidly.

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

Most Active